8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
The Holy Spirit is the Source of Gods power. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God sent to us to enable us Live like Christ. As Christians, we serve God through the help of the Holy Spirit. Today we are going to be engaging in prayer to be filled with the holy spirit. Before we go into these holy spirit prayers, it is important we know a little about the Holy Spirit and His mission in our lives as Christians. I pray for you that after you finish reading this article and engaging in the prayers, the fire of God which only the holy spirit brings shall never depart from your life in Jesus name.
Who Is The Holy Spirit?
John 14:16:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
The Holy Spirit is a person, He is not wind, or fire or a force, He is the third person of the Godhead. The Holy Spirit is God Himself lives in us. When Jesus was about to leave His disciples on earth, He promised to send them another comforter, this comforter shall not only be with us, but he shall be in us, John 14:17. This comforter is the Holy Spirit. Every child of God needs the help of the holy spirit to succeed in his/her Christian life. Without the holy spirit, we cannot serve God effectively. The holy spirit is our helper, we cannot help ourselves, that is why we need the holy spirits help. Let’s look at the mission of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Mission Of The Holy Spirit In Our Lives
Below are the roles of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
1. Helper: The Holy Spirit is our Helper. The Spirit of God is the one that helps us to serve God effectively, He helps us also in our prayer life. When you have the Holy Spirit in your life, you can never lack divine help.
2. Comforter: A comforter is an encourager, a lifter of your head, the holy spirit, is not a kill joy, he is not a judgmental spirit, he comforts, he encourages, he loves and lifts. While the devil condemns your conscience, the holy spirits comforts you always. When you are filled with the holy spirit, you can never lack comfort.
3. Advocate: An advocate is someone who publicly supports you. The holy spirit is always on your side, He will never leave you or abandon you. He will always be there for you. When you do something wrong by omission, run to the holy spirit, he knows how to defend you and protect you from harm, will empowering you not make same errors again.
4. Intercessor: The holy spirit is our intercessor, He intercedes for us. An intercessor is someone who intervenes on behalf of another, especially in prayer. The holy spirit prays for us according to Romans 8:26. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you will always be in Gods mind because He through His Spirit will always interceed for you.
5. Counselor: The Holy Spirit is our counselor, he is our chief adviser, he guides us in the affairs of our lives. Jesus said the Spirit will teach us all things, John 14:26. The holy spirit teaches and counsels us so that we can fulfill our purpose in life. The Holy spirit is our life time coach.
6. Strengthener: The Holy Spirit gives us strength. He strengthens us on every side. When you are filled with the holy spirit, you can ever be weak. You will always walk in divine strength. Also the holy spirit strengthens us in the inner man, through the word of God that we listen daily.
7. Standby: The Holy Spirit is our standby, that is he is ever present with us. The holy spirit will never leave us or forsake us. He will ever be by your side. The holy spirit does not give up on us, but unfortunately many of us give up on him. The Holy Print is ever present with us to help us, councounsel us, strengthen us, intercede for us and much more. Infact the holy spirit is to us a friend indeed.
How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit.
There are certain steps to take to be filled with the Holy Spirit, below are the steps:
1. Be Born Again. To know more about salvation and being born again, click here
2. Have Faith. Believe in the holy Spirit. Hebrews 11:6
3. Pray to be filled with the holy spirit
Prayer To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit:
Below, we are going to be looking at some prayers to be filled with the holy spirit. As you engage these prayer, pray them with faith and receive a fresh baptism of fire in jesus name.
1. Father, I thank you for my salvation in Jesus name
2. Father, i thank you for the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Father, by the blood of Jesus wash me of all my sins and strengthen me by your spirit in Jesus name.
4. Father, let the Holy Spirit fill me afresh.
5. Father, let every unbroken area in my life be broken, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, incubate me with the fire of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
7. Every anti-power bondage in my life, break, in Jesus’ name.
8. O Lord, let all strangers flee from my spirit and let the Holy Spirit take control, in the name of Jesus.
9. O Lord, catapult my spiritual life to the mountaintop.
10. Father, let heavens open and let the glory of God fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
11. Father, let signs and wonders be my lot, in the name of Jesus.
12. Every joy of the oppressors upon my life, be turned into sorrow, in the name of Jesus.
13. All multiple strongmen, operating against me, be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
14. O Lord, open my eyes and ears to receive wondrous things from You.
15. O Lord, grant me victory over temptations and satanic devices.
16. O Lord, ignite my spiritual life so that I will stop fishing in unprofitable waters.
17. O Lord, release Your tongue of fire upon my life and burn away all spiritual filthiness present within me.
18. Father, make me to hunger and thirst for righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
19. Lord, help me to be ready to do your work without expecting any recognition from others.
20. O Lord, give me victory, over emphasizing the weaknesses and sins of other people, while ignoring my own.
21. O Lord, heal every area of backsliding in my spiritual life.
22. Lord, help me to be willing to serve others, rather than wanting to exercise authority.
23. Lord, help me to be willing to serve others, rather than wanting to exercise authority.
24. O Lord, open my understanding concerning the scriptures
25. O Lord, help me to live each day, recognizing that the day will come when You will judge secret lives and innermost thoughts.
26. O Lord, let me be willing to be the clay in Your hands, ready to be moulded as You desire.
27. O Lord, wake me up from any form of spiritual sleep and help me to put on the armour of light.
28. O Lord, give me victory over all carnality and help me to be at the centre of Your will.
29. I stand against anything in my life that will cause others to stumble, in the name of Jesus.
30. O Lord, help me to put away childish things and put on maturity.
31. O Lord, empower me to stand firm against all the schemes and techniques of the devil.
32. O Lord, give me a big appetite for the pure milk and solid food in Your word.
33. O Lord, empower me to stay away from anything or anybody, whom might take God’s place in my heart.
34. O Lord, I thank You for the testimonies that will follow.
35. I declare that I am called of God; no evil power shall cut me down, in the name of Jesus.
36. O Lord, give me the power to be faithful to my calling, in the name of Jesus.
37. I receive the anointing to remain steady, committed and consistent in my ministerial life, in Jesus’ name.
38. I declare that I shall not be lured into politics, church rivalry or rebellion, in the name of Jesus.
39. O Lord, give me the wisdom to respect my teachers and seniors who have trained me, in the name of Jesus.
40. O Lord, give me the heart of a servant, so that I can experience Your blessings everyday, in the name of Jesus.
41. I receive power to rise with wings as eagles, in the name of Jesus.
42. I decree that the enemy will not waste my calling, in the name of Jesus.
43. By the power of the living God, the devil will not swallow my ministerial destiny, in Jesus’ name.
44. Power for effective development in my calling, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
45. I declare war against spiritual ignorance, in the name of Jesus.
46. I bind and cast out every unteachable spirit, in the name of Jesus.
47. I receive the anointing for success in my ministry, in the name of Jesus.
48. I shall not be an enemy of integrity, in Jesus’ name.
49. I shall not steal God’s money, in the name of Jesus.
50. I shall not disgrace the call of God upon my life, in Jesus’ name.
51. I shall walk in holiness everyday, in Jesus’ name.
52. I bind the spirit of sexual immortality, in Jesus’ name.
53. I receive the culture of loyalty in my ministry, in the name of Jesus.
54. I shall not become an old king that is resistant to advice, in the name of Jesus.
55. I shall not live a wasteful and extravagant life, in the name of Jesus.
56. I shall not serve my wonderful Saviour for filthy financial gain, in the name of Jesus.
57. I prevent every spirit of quarrel and opposition from my wife/husband, in the name of Jesus.
58. My wife/husband shall not scatter my church members, in the name of Jesus.
59. Every Judas in my ministry, fall into your own trap, in the name of Jesus.
60. My ministry will not destroy my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
61. My marriage will not destroy my ministry, in the name of Jesus.
62. My children will not become misfired arrows in my ministry, in the name of Jesus.
63. I claim progress and excellence for my ministry, in the name of Jesus.
64. My church shall experience prosperity, in the name of Jesus.
65. O Lord, let my ministry reach the unreached, in the name of Jesus.
66. A multitude of people will go to heaven because of my ministry in the name of Jesus.
67. I kill every attack on my ministry. I shall prevail, in the name of Jesus.
68. I shall not bite the fingers that fed me, in Jesus’ name.
69. I shall not engage in rebellion, in the name of Jesus.
70. Every power of my father’s house, working against my calling, die, in the name of Jesus.
Father, I thank you for answering me in Jesus.