41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Today we shall be engaging in prayer points against falling into temptation. Temptations are real, and only a Christian can be tempted. Temptation is simply being pressed to do what you don’t want to do and not being able to do what you want to do. Romans 7:14-25, paints a great picture of a believer struggling with temptations, it reads:
“14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.”
From the above scriptures, we see that there is a force of sin in the flesh of every human, always trying to pull us into the opposite direction. Every human inherited sin from the Adam, therefore sin is in us by default. The solution to sin is the saving grace of Jesus Christ. He is the only one who is without sin, therefore when we believe in Him, His righteousness becomes our righteousness, His holiness becomes our holiness. Our faith in Christ is what gives us right standing with God.
Having known this truth, one may ask, now that I am born again, how do I overcome temptations?
The answer is simple, through prayers. Prayers is a show of absolute dependence on the finished work of Jesus Christ. When we pray, the Ho!y spirit empowers us to say no to sin. No man can overcome sin in the flesh, that is why we must always pray to God for the grace to walk like Christ. Matthew 6:13, Jesus when teaching His disciples how to pray added that they should pray not to be lead into temptations, but rather to be delivered from all evils. This prayer points against falling in to temptation will deliver you from all evil traps of the devil in Jesus name. By this prayer points, you will overcome sin and Satan in Jesus name.
Before we go into this prayers, I want to quickly establish this fact, God is not mad at you, as a child of God, He loves you so much and He will never give up on you. There are no amount of sin in your life that will make Him turn away from you. Therefore pray this prayer points with great confidence in a loving Father. Also note that the purpose of these prayer points is to fire you up spiritually so that your spirit can be equipped to put your flesh under subjection. This prayer points against falling into temptation shall be your turning point in Jesus name. Remain blessed.
1. Thank the Lord for the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Confession of sins and repentance.
3. Father Lord, let the Holy Spirit fill me afresh, in Jesus’ name.
4. Father Lord, let every unbroken area in my life be broken, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father Lord, incubate me with the fire of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
6. Let every anti-power bondage break in my life, in Jesus’ name.
7. Let all strangers flee from my spirit and let the Holy Spirit take control, in the name of Jesus.
8. O Lord, catapult my spiritual life to the mountain top.
9. Father Lord, let heavens open and let the glory of God fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
10. Father Lord, let signs and wonders be my lot, in Jesus’ name.
11. I decree the joy of the oppressors upon my life to be turned into sorrow, in the name of Jesus.
12. Let all multiple strongmen operating against me be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
13. O Lord, open my eyes and ears to receive wondrous things from You.
14. O Lord, grant me victory over temptations and satanic devices.
15. O Lord, ignite my spiritual life so that I will stop fishing in unprofitable waters.
16. O Lord, release Your tongue of fire upon my life and burn away all spiritual filthiness present within me.
17. Father Lord, make me to hunger and thirst for righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
18. O Lord, help me to be ready to do Your work without expecting any recognition from others.
19. O Lord, give me victory over emphasizing the weaknesses and sins of other people while ignoring my own.
20. Marks of sin in my life, go. Marks of purity, come upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
21. Holy Ghost fire, incubate my spirit man, in the name of Jesus.
22. Every anti-repentant spirit in my life, I bind you and cast you out now, in the name of Jesus.
23. I receive fresh fire to move forward in my spiritual life, in the name of Jesus.
24. Let my steps be withdrawn from every wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
25. Let my seat be the seat of purity, in the name of Jesus.
26. Every iniquity, flee from me, in the name of Jesus.
27. Power to live a godly life, come upon me now, in Jesus name.
28. I soak myself in the blood of Jesus and in the word of God, in the name of Jesus.
29. Every inner strife against holiness in my life, die, in Jesus’ name.
30. Vagabond spiritual life, I reject you, in the name of Jesus.
31. Thou tongue of fire from heaven, purify my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
32. O Lord, give me depth and root in my faith.
33. O Lord, heal every area of backsliding in my spiritual life.
34. O Lord, help me to be willing to serve others rather than wanting to exercise authority.
35. O Lord, open my understanding concerning the scriptures.
36. O Lord, help me to live each day recognizing that the day will come when You will judge secret lives and innermost thoughts.
37. O Lord, let me be willing to be the clay in Your hands, ready to be moulded as You desire.
38. O Lord, wake me up from any form of spiritual sleep and help me to put on the armour of light.
39. O Lord, give me victory over all carnality and help me to be at the centre of Your will.
40. I stand against anything in my life that will cause others to stumble, in the name of Jesus.
41. O Lord, help me to put away childish, things and put on maturity.
42. O Lord, empower me to stand firm against all the schemes and techniques of the devil.
43. O Lord, give me a big appetite for the pure milk and solid food in the word.
44. O Lord, empower me to stay away from anything or anybody who might take God’s place in my heart.
45. Holy Spirit, do not leave my house desolate, in Jesus’ name.
46. O Lord, I want You to break me, I want the self in me to die.
47. O Lord, whatever would make You to replace me, remove it from my life now.
48. O Lord, give me the power to walk in the spirit.
49. O Lord, let holiness be my food.
50. O Lord, reveal to me, anything that is hindering my spiritual growth.
51. O Lord, help me to put on the garment of righteousness.
52. O Lord, help me to crucify my flesh.
53. O Lord, help me to hate sin with perfect hatred.
54. O Lord, save me from myself.
55. O Lord, let me be lost in You.
56. O Lord, crucify. . . (put your own name).
57. Holy Spirit, possess me completely, in the name of Jesus.
58. O Lord, divorce me from every sin of self.
59. O Lord, break me and mould me according to Your will.
60. Father Lord, let me experience Your kingdom in every department of my life, in the name of Jesus.
61. My flesh, I command you to die to sin, in Jesus’ name.
62. Every enemy of brokenness in my life, depart, in Jesus’ name.
63. I paralyse all my Delilah, in the name of Jesus.
64. O Lord, break me down to the depth of my spirit.
65. My shaven Samson, receive your hair, in the name of Jesus.
66. O God who quickeneth the dead, give life to every dead area of my life today, in the name of, Jesus.
67. Holy Spirit, take my hands off my own life and possess me Yourself, in the name of Jesus.
68. Every evil inherited character in my life, be demolished, in the name of Jesus.
69. Father Lord, let Your will be done in my life.
70. Every nest that builders of evil nests have built for me, be roasted, in the name of Jesus.
71. O Lord, break me in my unbroken areas.
72. O Lord, I welcome brokenness in every department of my life.
73. O Lord, break me!
74. O Lord, make me a living sacrifice.
75. I refuse to be caged by the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
76. O God, stretch me and renew my strength, in the name of Jesus.
77. O Lord, renew a right spirit within me.
78. O Lord, renew my mind in Your word.
79. O Lord, let Your renewing power renew my life like the eagle’s.
80. Let my youth be renewed like the eagle’s, in the name of Jesus.
81. Let every impurity in my life be flushed out by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
82. O Lord, create within me hunger and thirst after purity and holiness.
83. O Lord, cleanse all the soiled parts of my life.
84. O Lord, refresh every dry area of my life.
85. O Lord, heal every wounded part of my life.
86. O Lord, bend every evil rigidity in my life.
87. O Lord, re-align every satanic straying in my life.
88. O Lord, let the fire of the Holy Spirit warm every satanic freeze in my life.
89. O Lord, give me a life that kills death.
90. O Lord, kindle in me the fire of charity.
91. O Lord, glue me together where I am opposed to myself.
92. O Lord, enrich me with Your gifts.
93. O Lord, quicken me and increase my desire for the things of heaven.
94. By Your rulership, O Lord, let the lust of the flesh in my life die.
95. Lord Jesus, increase daily in my life.
96. Lord Jesus, maintain Your gifts in my life.
97. O Lord, refine and purge my life by Your fire.
98. Holy Spirit, inflame and fire my heart, in the name of Jesus.
99. Lord Jesus, lay Your hands upon me and quench every rebellion in me.
100. Holy Ghost fire, begin to burn away every self-centredness in me, in the name of Jesus.
Father, I thank you for setting me free in Christ Jesus Amen.
KINDLY WATCH EVERYDAYPRAYERGUIDE TV ON YOUTUBE