Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer is a means of communication with our heavenly Father. In life, communication really matters. When there is a break in the chain of communication with our heavenly Father, the devil and accuser come in without much effort.
This article will be teaching us about prayer points for Grace and Mercy. Grace and Mercy is a pillar upon which the edifice of our faith as Christians is built. Through Christ Jesus, we earn a life of Grace and obtain Mercy through Christ Jesus. Unlike the popular law of karma that postulated the theory of give and take, Grace, is an unmerited blessing, that is, a blessing or favour that one did not work. While Mercy is the tenderness, kindness, favour or blessing that one receives instead of cruel judgement. Grace and Mercy are quite eminent to God our heavenly father, because of His Mercy on mankind, he sent His only begotten son to come to die for our sins, so that we can be saved by Grace through Him.
WHY IS GRACE AND MERCY SO IMPORTANT?
The book of Romans 9:15-16, explains the importance of God’s Mercy. That portion of the Bible reiterated the importance of Mercy. The Bible says it is not of him that willeth and runneth, but of God that sheweth Mercy. That means the works of our hands isn’t sufficient for prosperity, our righteousness isn’t a benchmark for our salvation. The Bible says we are no longer cursed by the law but saved by Grace. Romans 6:14 explains that the concept of our faith and salvation is made possible by the Grace of God through Jesus Christ.
Judging by all these facts, one can decipher the importance of Grace and Mercy.
We have critically compiled a list of Prayer Points for Grace and Mercy that every believer should say to God every day.
1. Father Lord, thank you for your abundant Grace over us, thank you for the Mercy that you have shown for me as a believer through Christ Jesus. It is by your Grace and Mercy that I’m not consumed, thank you, Father.
2. Father Lord, thank you for the gift of Jesus Christ. Our salvation and redemption were made possible by Christ Jesus, thank you for this wonderful gift given unto mankind.
3. Father Lord, let your Mercy that speaks in place of judgement continue to speak for me throughout my sojourn on earth.
4. By your Mercy Lord, save me from the snare of an accuser, let me not be condemned by the judgement of my accuser.
5. Father Lord, the Bible says let he that thinks he stands to take heed lest he falls. Lord by your Grace, keep me standing with you till the very end. Help me stand in faith, do not let me miss it.
6. Heavenly Father, the Bible made us understand that it is not of he that willeth or runneth but of God that Sheweth Mercy. Concerning my endeavours, let your Mercy speak for me. Lord God, every closed door against my success and prosperity, let them be open by Mercy.
7. Lord God, do not let me be consumed by sin. Your Grace has been made sufficient, please help me overcome sin through your Grace, endow me with the Grace to sin so more.
8. Father Lord, I seek the forgiveness of my sins and iniquities. Your word says even if my sin is as red as scarlet; they shall be made whiter than snow. I ask that by your Grace, you purge and wash me away from my sin.
9. Father Lord, help me to always listen to your instructions, give me the Grace to always hearken to your directives. I don’t want to do anything based on my mortal instinct anymore, help me obey you, even if the instruction may look stupid to men, help me obey.
10. Father Lord, By your Mercy and Grace, grant me according to my heart desire. Nothing is hidden in thy sight, you know my strength and weaknesses, provide my needs with precision this day.
11. Heavenly Father, by your Grace, help me stand the test of time. Do not let trials, tribulations and temptation sweep me away from your presence. Help my faith grow in you and you only.
12. Father Lord, you are the creator of all things, let a ray of your abundant light penetrate the thick darkness of my needs in you. By your Grace Lord, help increase my level of spirituality.
13. Father Lord, I understand that the purpose of our existence as a believer is to win more souls into the Kingdom. Give me the grace to preach the good news of your words to the unbelievers. Through your Mercy, help them come to the realization of you, let them know that you and you alone is God overall.
14. Lord God, I pray that you enhance me to grow old in you. Give me the grace not to be shaken by the signs and distraction of this end time. Help me Lord to gainfully attain my heavenly citizen through Christ Jesus.
15. Heavenly Lord, your word says we should pray for the good of Jerusalem, that those who love it shall prosper. Lord God, help Nigeria stand on her feet again. Restore unto this country the good tidings of heaven. Let your light of truth, transparency and love overshadowed all the men at the corridor of power.
16. Lord God by your Grace and Mercy, help me have a forgiving spirit. I understand that the nature of man is a brutal one, but help your Holy Spirit to grow in me that I will forgive every one that has committed an atrocity against me.