James 1:19:Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Anger and Resentment are one the biggest hindrances to prayers. Many people do not know that resentment and anger are sin and they are caused by the spirit of the devil. One of the things that the devil uses against believers is anger. If only Moses knew that anger was what will hinder him from getting into the promise Land (Canaan Land) he would have done more than enough to abolish it.
Let no man claim to be free from this spirit because a raging anger can be triggered only by frustration when Moses was frustrated by the Israelites, his anger became unquenchable, this causes him to sin against God Unfortunately, his inability to abolish the spirit of anger eventually destroyed him and cause him not to enter into the promised Land.
Resentment is the kid brother to anger, resentment will make you as an individual to build up a level of hatred towards another person. Meanwhile, the Bible affirmed that love is the greatest commandment, Love your God thy Lord and love your neighbor as yourself. How then can we claim to love God when we have resentment in our hearts towards our neighbors.
Whereas, the scripture made us understand that the hands of the Lord are not too short to save neither is his ears to heavy to hear our cry but it is our sin that have created a difference between us and God. If sin can be abolished, prayers will be answered faster and testimonies will come quicker.
There are so many Christians today whose plain garment of righteousness has been painted with anger and resentment, many of us are very good until someone offends us, we find it so difficult to forgive and forget and anytime we see such person, there is this unquenchable anger that builds up in our heart. We have tried so hard to conquer this feeling but nothing positive has come out of our trial, we did everything humanly possible to calm our anger but they are not working.
Deliverance From Anger And Resentment
Here is a piece of good news to us all, God is willing to help us, only if we will allow him. We have compiled a list of prayers for men and women who wants to break free from the spirit of anger and resentment. These prayers will deliver you from the Spirit of Anger and resentment. If you are having anger issues, pray these prayers with passion and from all your heart. As you engage in these prayers, the hand of God will rest upon you and you shall be delivered from the spirit of Anger by the power in the name of Jesus Christ.
Prayer is the key to every form of deliverance, regardless of the anger issues that is troubling your life, as you engage in these prayers today, your deliverance is sure in the name of Jesus Christ. I see God delivering you today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord God, I pray that you will help me overcome the spirit of anger in me. I ask that your spirit will dwell inside me and drive out every hand of anger inside of me in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I refuse to continually be a tool in the hands of anger, I refuse to be a slave to it. I free myself from its snare by the power in the name of Jesus name.
- Father Lord, I ask that your word will fill my heart and calm my nerves whenever the tension of anger builds up in me again, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I ask that you will give me the grace to reflect the behavior of Jesus, grant me the privilege to be calm and easy in all of my doings in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray that you will cause your face to shine upon me and take out my weakness in the mighty name of Jesus. I pray for the spiritual strength to come upon me in the name of Jesus
- Heavenly King of glory, the scripture made me understand that you are my shepherd, Lord, help me exhibit your character in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, whenever I feel hatred in my heart towards my neighbor, let your abundant love feel my heart in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will set me free from the shackles of slavery to resentment in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I refuse to be frustrated, I refuse to harbor a feeling of inferiority among my peers, I destroy every hold of resentment in my heart by th precious blood of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I ask that you will create a new heart within me, a heart that will obey all that you have commanded, Lord, create such heart in me in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, the Bible says we should not be ignorant of the devil’s devices, I ask that your spirit will always bring me to the consciousness of this word whenever the spirit of anger comes to visit again in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, when there is peace in my heart, I will hold no resentment towards my neighbor, Lord I ask that you will let your peace dwell in my heart in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, instead of anger and resentment when it seems things are not working out for me, grant me the grace to hold onto your words in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I ask for your spirit that helps the mortal body, I ask that you will pour upon me in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly King, I pray for a fresh anointing that will destroy the existing spirit of anger and resentment in my heart in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I ask that you will console me in any situation I find myself that can cause anger to evoke, I ask that you will always console me and give me the consciousness that you are with me in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will make me feel calm when I become angry, I ask for that spirit of calmness that you showed while you were on earth, Lord help me remain calm always in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray you will lift me above the temptations of anger and resentment, let it not have power over me anymore in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray that when the temptations arise again, you will give he strength to overcome it in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray for every man and woman who are suffering from the same demon, I decree their freedom in the name of Jesus.