Today we will be praying against something you feel guilty about. Guilt is a serious syndrome that can drive man away from God. A quick look at the story of Judas Iscariot who gave Christ to his assailants for money. He was filled with so much guilt that he ended up killing himself.
Sometimes we do somethings that would hurt us later on. We are left with a choice to either repent genuinely and overcome our guilt or we allow it destroy us. Apostle Peter committed almost the same crime as Judas Iscariot. However, he was able to overcome that guilt conscience by going to God and seek for forgiveness. The bible recorded that on the day of pentecost, Apostle Peter preached to thousands of people and they gave their life to Christ. Peter was able to do this because he overcame the guilty conscience.
Similarly in our lives, the devil tries to take us away from God by allowing us feel so guilty of the things we have done in the past. It makes us forget that the scripture stated that he that is in Christ is a new creature and old things has passed away. We still feel the dirtiness and guilt of our bad ways and slowly we become to fall apart with God because we feel we are not worthy enough. Meanwhile, the script said in the book of Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Christ is our high priest that can be touched with the feeling of our infirmity and guilt. We can boldly go to Christ Everytime we feel guilty about the things we have done in past.
How To Overcome Guilty Conscience
There are several ways to overcome guilty conscience. However, we will only highlight few that we consider very important.
Our first step towards have a clean heart is repentance. It is possible that have a question of faith and character in our Christian Life. But that is not enough to take us away from Christ. Judas Iscariot had a problem of character. He priotised money above all other things. Apostle Peter had a question of faith, that’s why he could not stand when he was asked if he was one of Christ’s stewards.
Nevertheless, Peter was able to repent in his heart. Remember the scripture says in the book of 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. When we give our life to Christ, we have become a new creature. Things are no longer the same anymore, the things we have done in the past has passed and a new chapter has been opened. So, the first way to eliminate guilty conscience is through repentance.
Ask For Forgiveness
Sin great barrier between man and God. Once sin sets in, the next thing the devil do is to use the guilt of that sin against us. As this continues, our relationship with God will be badly affected. The only way we can mend our relationship with God in this situation is by asking God for forgiveness. Meanwhile, it is important to know that our Forgiveness doesn’t come before repentance as it is the first step towards mending our broken relationship with God.
Remember the scripture says God doesn’t want the death of a sinner but to repent through Christ Jesus. Let the devil know that you have repented and old things have passed away.
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for the grace you for the grace to know you. I thank you for the grace to be called into your marvelous light, let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I commit my life and entire being into your care. I have forsaken all my old ways and submit myself fully to your power and guidance. I believe that you are the Son of God the one who has come to take away the pain of man. I believe that you are the one who had died and ressurected so that my sin can be taken away.
- Jesus, I pray for the forgiveness of my sins and iniquities. Against you and you alone have I sinned and done great evil in your sight. Your word says even if my sins are as red as scarlet, they shall be made whiter than snow, I pray that you wash me thoroughly from my sin in the name of Jesus.
- The scripture says the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart will you not despise. Father, please in your infinity mercy, wipe away my sins in the name of Jesus.
- I pray that you create in me a clean heart. Give me a heart that is free from sin. Grant me the grace to flee from sin and every form of iniquities in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray that you will guide my heart against the gimmicks of the devil. Every form of guilt and pain of things that I have done in the past is taken away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, the scripture says if any man is in Christ, old things are passed away and everything has become new. I pray, that you will give me the grace to be conscious that I’m no longer the old self again. I pray that you will give me the knowledge to identify when the devil is trying to draw me away from you by making me feel guilty.
- Lord God, I pray that you search my life to and through. Take away every form of evil in me. Take out every form of vengeance and reproach in my heart in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, let me always have an assurance that I belong to you and old things have passed away.
- Lord, I pray that you will forgive me all my sins and iniquities and I pray for the grace never to return to sin again in the name of Jesus.