Today we will be dealing with prayer points against marriage destroyers. The institution of marriage is one established by God the Father, for companionship. We see the first marriage in the bible, that of Adam and Eve in Gen. 2:24. Our heavenly father created marriage for everything good and not for destruction, so if there is anything contrary to that, it is not from God.
The institution of marriage was also created by God so that it could reflect and illustrate our relationship with him. We see in Ephesians how God designed the man to love the wife as an illustration of how Christ loves the church, wholeheartedly, selflessly and sacrificially. Eph. 5: 25 says, ‘Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself to it;’
The book of Ephesians also shows us how the wives should be responsive in marriage in terms of submission. Eph. 5:21-33, “Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”
From these verses, we see the theme of love, submission, reverence, respect, sacrifice, selflessness and leadership. None of this was created for destruction. However, we must also recognize that the devil is set to destroy. John 10:10 says, ‘The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.’
The devil hence, seeks for ways to influence the minds of men and women in marriage to shift their focus from the will of God in marriage. That is why the Christian must not be relaxed; we must wake up to pray against the destruction of our marriages. There is a saying that whatever is not yet good needs prayer, whatsoever is good also needs prayer. There is no breathing space for the devil in our homes, if we take charge. That is the reason we will be praying against marriage destroyers.
They come in various ways, loud and subtle, it could be in form of friends and associations, and it could be in ways in which we ourselves have influenced, consciously or unconsciously. Whichever way they might want to come, we will be taking them all into prayers, the peace of God will manifest in our homes and the will of God for marriage will become our testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 75:1 “Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.” Father in the name of Jesus, we give you praise for your faithfulness and kindness over us daily in the name of Jesus. Father in the name of Jesus Christ, we are grateful for your blessings upon our marriages, we acknowledge you as the doer of all the good things in our lives, to you alone be all the glory in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 106:1 “Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.” Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for your mighty hand of strength, thank you for your peace and help that has brought us this far in each family and marriage in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father, I commit my marriage into your hands, take absolute control in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every power of hell against the success of my marriage, I cancel them by the power of the HolyGhost in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every evil agent plotting against the peace in my marriage, I declare their works null and void in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord My Father, calm every storm in my home in the name of Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, let your Peace reign in my home; let the Peace of heaven calm every storm in my home in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Every spirit of lust the devil wants to plot against my matrimonial home, in my husband/wife; they are destroyed in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Whatever evil counsel standing against the unity in my matrimonial home let your hand cancel such counsels in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I come against every ungodly association surrounding my spouse, against the peace and unity of my home, let confusion and separation be their lot in the name of Jesus Christ. Father in the name of Jesus, I come against every satanic hold upon the success of my matrimonial home; they are destroyed by the power of the almighty in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord My Father, let your mighty hand uphold my home against every evil assault of the devil in the name of Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father, I call upon your name, in the name of Jesus Christ, build an edge of fire roundabout my household and make it too hot for the devil to handle in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. By your resurrection power, let your love be rekindled in the home afresh in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father in the name of Jesus Christ, every satanic control against my marital peace and joy, is destroyed in the name of Jesus Christ. I come against every force working against the instability in my matrimonial home; I render their power useless and destroyed in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father in the name of Jesus, Lord I declare, whatever is not found in your Jesus that is manifesting in my home, they are destroyed in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every Spirit of brokenness in my home is destroyed in the name of Jesus Christ. Lord, I thank you, I give you praise in the name of Jesus Christ, Blessed be your name in the name of Jesus.