Today we will be dealing with prayer points to bless a new house. The book of Psalm 127:1 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is only the lord that can build a house. Meanwhile, you must know that a house in this context doesn’t only mean a home where people live. It also means family and lineage. Christ taught us how to pray whenever we are entering into a new house. Jesus stated that whenever we enter into someone’s home we should also say peace be unto this house. This can be found in the book of Luke 10:5 But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’
However, what do we say when we are stepping into our new house for the first time? Interestingly, we can still say the prayer peace be unto this house. When we say peace be to this house, that means we are inviting Jesus into our home. Christ is regarded as the Prince of peace, the moment we utter the statement peace be unto this house, we directly invited Jesus into the house. Nevertheless, prayer for a new house goes beyond that. First we need to thank God for the blessing of a new home. Furthermore, we pray for the blessing of God Almighty upon the house, protection of God and above all the love of God. All of these prayer encompasses a successful living in a new house.
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for the blessing of a new home. I magnify you because for the provision that your made possible that birth this new house. I thank you because you are God. I thank you for not making us homeless, I magnify you for this beautiful shelter, may your name be highly exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I invite you into this house. I pray that your spirit will be eminent in this house in the name of Jesus. I pray that the power of God Almighty will continue to radiate in this house in the name of Jesus. I come against every power of darkness that may threaten the peace of this house, I rebuke them by the fire of the Holy Ghost.
- Father Lord, you are the prince of peace, I pray that you will come and be incharge of this house in the name of Jesus. I pray that your peace shall continue to dwell in this house in the name of Jesus. Every power and principality that may have threatened to take over this house, I pray that the fire of God will destroy them in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray that you will put hedge of fire round this house in the name of Jesus. Your hands of protection will be upon everyone that will reside in this house in the name of Jesus. The book of Job 1:10 – Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. I pray that you put a hedge of fire around this house in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I come against death and calamity, it shall not have power over this house in the name of Jesus. I pray that death shall not find it way into this house in the name of Jesus. The scripture says we shall not die but live to declare the works of the lord in the land of the living. Lord I pray that no member of this family shall die in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that you will endow us with the right kind of wisdom to exempt ourselves from every influences that will bring nothing but pain and despair into our home in the name of Jesus. Lord, grant me and every member of this household the grace to grow in your strength and power.
- I come against every form of disunity in our midst. The scripture says can two work together unless they agree? Lord, I pray that you help us foster unity in our midst in the name of Jesus. In any way the enemy has planned to attack the peaceful coexistence in our midst as family, I pray that the fire of God will destroy it in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, Christ taught us that the greatest commandment is love. I pray that you will teach us how to love ourselves in the right way in the name of Jesus. I pray that you will grant us the grace to continually live in love in the name of Jesus.
- Lord I annoint everything and everyone that is moving with me into this house, I shall not lose any one of them in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I subdue every strong man that the enemy has assigned to hinder us in this house. I rebuke him by the power in the name of Jesus. I pray that such strong man shall lose his powers in the name of Jesus. Every demonic negotiation that is going on in this home against we the inhabitants of it, I call the fire of God upon you today in the name of Jesus. Lord, every evil root that has been planted into the ground of this house to cause setback or demonic torment, I pray that the power of God uproot them today in the name of Jesus. Lord, anything in this house that will pose threat to the peaceful living of my family and I, catch fire this moment in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, every evil occupants that the enemy has assigned to disrupt the peace of this house, die today in the name of Jesus. I close the door of this door against every evil occupants in the name of Jesus.