Today we will be dealing with covenant prayers for mercy. What is mercy? It is a pardon or compassion given to an offender. Also, mercy could open locked doors, cause breakthroughs and aid deliverances from the power of darkness. The book of Lamentations 3:22-24 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in Him.”
The scripture makes us understand that the steadfast love of God never ends. From one generation to another, God keeps the promise of His love. Also, the mercy of the Lord is always accompanied by the love of God. Wherever the love of God goes, the mercy of God is not far from there. Mercy is a covenant promise of God to His people. In the book of Romans 9:15, I will have mercy on whom I will have it on and compassion on whom I will have it on. This means the mercy of God is a covenant promise of God to His people.
God made a covenant to Abraham. The covenant of God over the life of Abraham extended to Isaac and Jacob, and the whole of Isreal became partakers of the covenant. There is a covenant of mercy that is initiated by the blood of Jesus. For the atonement of sin and mercy, blood must be shed. Little wonder the children of Isreal were spared the night the angel of destruction visited the land of Egypt and destroyed the first fruits of the Egyptians.
Covenant prayers for mercy will reactivate the mercy of God over the lives of His people. Note, the covenant of God is everlasting, and there is nothing that can destroy it. However, there are things that we do that will make the covenant dormant. So many Christians have been condemned where they ought to be vindicated just because the mercy of God was silent over their lives. If the mercy of God had not spoken over Esther, she would have been made to face the full extent of the law after she broke the code of conduct in the king’s palace. The Lord’s mercy spoke over Daniel, and the scripture recorded that Daniel was honourable more than his peers.
When the mercy of the lord is activated in our lives, trials and tribulations become a thing of the past. I speak as an oracle of God, every area of your life that need the mercy of God. I decree mercy over them today in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I bless you for another beautiful day like this. I thank you for the grace to with another day of prayer. May your name be highly exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Father, for it has been written, he that hides his sin shall perish, but he that confess them shall find mercy. I confess my sins before you because to you alone have I sinned and done great evil in your sight. I ask that by virtue of the bloodshed on the cross of Calvary; you will wash my sins away in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I reactivate your covenant of mercy over my life today in the name of Jesus. In every area of my life that needs mercy, let it begin to speak for me in the name of Jesus.
- I speak the mercy of God over my business. I pray that the mercy of the Lord shall elevate my business. The grace that will give my business a spiritual acceleration to be better than all my competitors, I pray such grace come upon my business in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I decree that every road that has been blocked against me. Every door that has been closed against may the mercy of the lord begin to open them today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, every breakthrough that has been delayed by sin, through the covenant mercy of the Most High, those breakthroughs begin to manifest in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I decree the covenant mercy of God over my children. The scripture says children are the heritage of God. Also, it has been written that my kids and I are for signs and wonders. I decree that no harm shall come near my children in the name of Jesus.
- For it has been written, But thus says the LORD: “Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, And the prey of the terrible be delivered; For I will contend with him who contends with you, And I will save your children. Lord, your word has promised that you will contend with those that contend with us, and you will save my children. Every power that wants to harm my children fall to death today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I speak the covenant mercy of the lord into my marriage. Every way the enemy is attacking my marriage, I pray that the mercy of the Lord shall block it today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I cancel every demonic attack of the enemy over my life today. I nullify all their plans over my family in the name of Jesus. Lord, in every area of life that the enemy has gone on a rampage, I pray that the mercy of the Lord will activate the protection of God over the life I and my family in the name of Jesus.
- Father, your word says I’m the light of the world, a city set upon the hills that can not be hidden. Lord, may your mercy continually speak for me in the name of Jesus.
- I cancel every evil judgement over my life and family today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray for your covenant mercy over my country. Your word says we are like a city set upon the hills that can not be hidden. Lord, I pray that the glory of this nation shall not turn into darkness.