Today we will be dealing with covenant prayers for forgiveness. This prayer is for the deliverance of the mind for many people the devil has deceived into believing their sins can not be forgiven. Indeed the face of the Lord is too righteous to behold sin. But that doesn’t mean God will entirely forsake you just because you are a sinner. Although He detests sin, He is merciful enough to forgive our sins provided we come with true repentance.
There are so many people who have continued to be prey in the hands of the devil simply because they feel their sins can not be forgiven. The enemy has clouted their reasoning and make them believe their sin is too big to earn forgiveness. This has made them believe their redemption is not possible due to the volume of their sin. If you have ever experienced this or you are caught in that web presently, know this. The forgiveness of God is an inheritance through the death of Christ. Hebrews 4:15 – 16 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathise with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us, therefore, come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
The scripture also said God doesn’t want the death of a sinner but repentance through Christ Jesus. When we genuinely repent from our sins, that’s enough for God to forgive us. Psalm 51:16-17 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise. The scripture says the sacrifices of the Lord are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart God will not despise.
The first step towards being forgiven is confession and repentance. When you confess your sin, and you repent from it, God will forgive you. Haven’t you read the portion of the scripture that said he that hide his sin would not prosper, but he that confess and forsake them shall find mercy. If you want forgiveness, confess your sin and repent from them. Once you do these, the covenant of forgiveness will be activated over your life. This is to free many people from the bondage of self-condemnation.
Once you confess your sins and incline your heart towards repentance, say these prayers:
- Lord, I magnify you for your grace over my life, I thank you for your favour and protection, may your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray for the forgiveness of sin, I ask that you will forgive me in the name of Jesus. The scripture says He that hides his sin shall not prosper, but he that confess them shall find mercy. Lord, I confess my sins before you today, I pray that you have mercy on me today.
- Lord, the scripture says the sacrifices of the Lord are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart Lord will not despise. Lord, I’m broken, my heart bleeds for I regret the evil things I have done, I pray that you have mercy over my soul in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that you will liberate me from every shackles of slavery that the enemy has locked me. I pray that you will lighten my burdened heart and grant me the grace to look unto you for forgiveness.
- Father Lord, the scripture says in the book of Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” I pray that you will be merciful to my unrighteousness. I pray that my sin and lawless deeds shall be remembered no more in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, the scripture says you are merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him. I ask that you will clean me from my sin. I pray that you will make my path smooth in the name of Jesus.
- Father, it has been written, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy upon and compassion on whom I will have it upon. Lord, I pray that you will be merciful unto me. I pray that among those that will find your mercy you count me worthy in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, it has been written, even if my sin are are red as scarlet they shall be made whiter than snow. If my sin are as red as crimson, they shall be made whiter than wool. Father, by the virtue of the blood shed on the cross of Calvary, I pray my sins are forgiven in the name of Jesus.
- Father lord, in every ways that the accuser brings my sin to remembrance. In every way the enemy uses the memory of my sinful act to hurt me causing me to lose fate in my redemption, I pray that you shall save me today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray for a clean heart. I pray for an heart that will be dead to sin and stay alive to righteousness. I pray for the grace to be steadfast, I ask for the grace to remain in the right standing with God. The scripture said it is for freedom that Christ has set us free, let us therefore remain steadfast that we may not be slave to sin anymore. Father, I seek the grace to be in the right standing with you in the name of Jesus.
- The scripture says, For God doesn’t want the death of a sinner but repentance through Christ Jesus. Lord, as I have confessed my sin and repented from them, I pray that you will grant me genuine happiness from within. Give me the grace to resist the devil when it comes raging at me again, in the name of Jesus.
- The scripture says let him that thinks he stands take heed unless he falls. Father, I pray for the grace never to fall into sin anymore, please grant me this grace today in the name of Jesus.