Fear and anxiety are two dangerous enemies that torment the life of a man. Have you ever had to wake up suddenly in the middle of the night simply because you were afraid something evil would happen to you? Have you ever had to give up on life itself because you feel you will die soon? These are what fear does to you. It interferes with your daily activities and makes you less productive.
Anxiety is a vague unpleasant emotion that you experience when you anticipate something badly. Sometimes it could be as a result of a presentation you have at work, or defense of a contract you have been chasing for years. It could also be a result of fear of failure. When this anxiety builds up inside you, it causes a panic attack and you die slowly every time a shock is sent down your spine. The scripture says For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.
Fear and anxiety are capable of ruining the plans of God for your life. It defeats every sense of fighting and striving to attain the feat that God has destined for you and me. And the irony of it all is that we will all face it at one point in time. Even as Christians, we have our fears, and our anxiety builds up on certain things.
I can remember vividly the last time I discovered a lump on my upper abdomen close to my chest. It was painless and immovable. Before I booked an appointment with the doctor I searched online if I could get any useful information that could tell me what it is that has caused the lump. The more I search, the scarer I get. At some point in the night, I will wake from sleep and my heart will be palpitating uncontrollably. I knew the devil has utilized my fear to hunt me. Finally, I went for a test and I was misdiagnosed. The result revealed it was Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). It is a progressive disease of the lungs that makes it difficult to breathe. Those with such disease are at great risk of heart failure and cancer of the lungs.
As expected, when I got this result I was terrified. I could not do anything anymore from then. I could not even pray to God anymore. I saw that result as something too big for God to handle. My mind was made up and I was prepared to die. After admitting that I will die anytime soon, I finally got the courage to start praying. My praying was not that God should heal me. I was praying that God would count me worthy to reign with Him since I knew I will die soon. Meanwhile, I showed no symptoms of the illness. But still, my fear kept increasing every day. One day, I finally got the courage to rebuke the result. I decided to go for another test and it turned out that I never had the disease. And the lump on my upper abdomen was just a harmless accumulation of fat.
I had stopped living during those periods when I was beaten down by my fear. I practically lost interest in everything. Fear and anxiety will make you see reasons why living is not necessary. At that stage, depression can set in and Suicidal thoughts would not be far. So many people would still be alive if only they were able to overcome their fear. Supposing I was not able to overcome my fear, I would not have gone for another test and I could have died of depression. I decree by the authority of heaven, every spirit of fear in you is destroyed by the power in the name of Jesus. Everything that is making you scared is taken away today in the name of Jesus Christ.
Let’s use the following prayers to overcome the spirit of fear and anxiety. Say these prayers daily to equip yourself with the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Lord, I thank you for this great moment. I thank you for the grace to find this blog, I thank you for this particular prayer content about fear and anxiety. I thank you because through this prayer you will free me from the snare of fear and anxiety in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I pray that you will save me from the fear of the unknown. Lord, I ask for the grace to outgrow my fears, I pray that you will release it upon me today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I pray that you shall surround me with your holy spirit and power. I decree that the power of the holy ghost will quicken my mortal body. I pray that the power of the holy ghost will free me from every spirit of fear in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, as I’m stepping out today, I pray for the grace to be on top of every situation. I pray for another level of calmness. I pray for the grace to always trust you in everything and the spirit that will raise me above every challenge that may arise against me today. Lord, I ask that you release this grace upon me in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, your word made me understand that you have not given me the spirit of fear but of sonship to cry Abba Father. Lord, every demon that may come my way today to pollute my day with fear, I destroy such demons today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, the scripture says the Lord shall direct the path of the righteous. Father, I pray that you shall direct my path. In everything I do today, father, please let me see you in it in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, when my anxiety is building up today, Lord grant me the strength to control it. I refuse to lose myself to anxiety and fear today. Grant me the grace to be and remain in charge throughout the day in the name of Jesus Christ.
- For it has been written, we have been given a name that is above all other names. I decree that I’m not afraid in the name of Jesus. I shall not be scared in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I overcome every demon of fear in my way today in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.