1 Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
The word of God is prophetic in nature. When one receives and believes the word of God, the word has the power to bring to pass what it says in the life of the believer. The word of God is Spirit, John 6:63, the Spirit of God is what gives life to every word of God in Scriptures.God’s word endureth forever, heaven and earth shall pass, but His word will always remain. Today, we shall be engaging in warfare prayers to see prophecies fulfilled.
This article will open your eyes to your own spiritual responsibility in seeing prophecies fulfilled. A lot of believers receive prophecies from either a Prophet or a Man of God, after receiving the prophecy, concerning there issues, the go to sleep, doing nothing about it. They believe that since it was from God, it will automatically come to pass in there lives. Most times when it doenst happen, they get confused and frustrated. Today, as we read this article, we shall be learning how to engage our faith through warfare prayers to see prophecies fulfilled in our lives.
What Are Prophecies?
Prophecies in this context, are the declaration of the word of God into the life of an individual or a group. Every valid prophetic declaration must be rooted in the word of God. This simply means that the word of God is the yardstick for measuring the validity of any prophecy or prophetic word. Prophecies are usually declared by men of God either in a church gathering or during personal ministration.
These men of God speak boldly as the Holy Spirit gives them utterrance. One can also recieve a prophetic word from the scriptures in the cause of personal, study. It is called Rhema, when God speaks to you through His word. A good example of prophecy at work is the story of Hannah in 1 Samuel 1:17, Eli prophecy to Hannah saying ‘ Go in peace and the God of Isreal shall grant thee thy petition.
Prophecies are declarations of faith, rooted in the word of God, concerning your situations. Every word based prophecy must uplift the Spirits of the hearers, God will not prophecy His children into destruction and condemnation, not in the New covenant. Now let us look at two types of Prophecies.
Two Types Of Prophecies.
1. Fore Telling: These is a type of prophecy where one speaks about the future before it happens. This grace is only given to those whom God has called into the Office of a Prophet or prophetess. God reveals his future plans to His prophets through dreams, visions and trance. God also show His prophets things that will happen in the distant future, concerning a nation or an individual. Examples of Prophets in the bible are:Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Elijah, Elisha, and Agabus.
This men prophecied men about the future, long before it happened. For instance, Prophet Isaiah prophecied about Jesus, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 53:5, Isaiah 11:10, Daniel Prophecied about the medes and persian rule, the Greeco Roman Rule and even Alexander the great, Daniel 7, Agabus prophecied about the arrest of Paul in Jerusalem before it happened, Acts 21:10-11.
The prophecy of fore telling the future is a grace given only to called prophets.
2. Forth Telling:
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
This is a kind of prophecy that involves the bold declaration of the word of God concerning your situation. while fore telling is limited only to prophets, every believer can operate on the grace of forth telling. Fore telling is a function of visions while forth telling is a function of the Spirit of Faith, 2 Corinthians 4:13. The word of God that you believe and speak into your life has the capacity to produce according to your faith. Every time a man of God declares words of prophecies into your life, they are practicing the forth telling kind of prophecy, also any time you declare the word of faith over your life, you are practicing this type of prophecy in your life.
Why Must I Pray To See Prophecies Fulfilled
Yes, you must pray to see prophecies fulfilled. Hebrews 11:6, tells us that without faith, it is impossible to please God. This means that it takes faith for us to draw from God and maximise the word from God. When a prophetic word is released from God or His word, that word is settled already in heaven , in the spirit realm. For you to see it come to pass in your life, you must engage your faith through warfare prayers. There are many forces in life that will contend with your inheritance in Christ, that is why you must fight, you must engage the fight of Faith in order to posess your possesion. Lets look at some examples in the Bible:
i. Deuteronomy 2:24: God told the children of Isreal that he has given them the lands of all the surrounding heathen nations as there inheritance, but He still went ahead to encourage them to contend with those nations in battle (Warfare) to possess their land. It is one thing to receive a thing, it is another thing to posess it. Posession involves warfare.
ii. 1 Timothy 1:18: Apostle Paul in this scripture was encouraging His son Timothy to wage Spiritual warfare to see the prophetic words spoken concerning him to come to pass. Paul understood that prophecies dont get fulfilled in the lives of spiritually lazy Christians.If you want to see the word of God work for you, you must work it out by faith.
iii. Genesis 15:14-15: God prophesied to Abraham, that his seed, would be in captivity for 400 years after which God will deliver them from captivity. Now, that prophecy came to pass many centuries later. Isreal became captives in Egypt for 400 years, but at this time, nobody was doing anything to bring the prophecy to pass, so the captivity continued until 30 years later, when the Isrealites began to cry to the Lord for freedom and God sent moses. The extra 30 years was because no one took spiritual responsibility to bring Gods word to pass.
iv. Daniel 9:2-27: Daniel discovered through the book of Jeremiah the prophet that they were supposed to be in captivity in babylon for only 70 years, but the 70 years has passed and they are still in captivity, nothing has happened. Daniel went on his knees to start praying for the freedom of His nation and God visited Him.
v. Luke 24:49: Jesus Christ promised His disciples that they will be endued with the power of the Holy Spirit, but that they should tarry in Jerusalem untill power comes from heaven. They disciples did not just receive the promise of Jesus and went to play or fish in Jerusalem, the bible said they were together praying and waiting on the Lord to fulfill His word. The word of God came to pass.Acts 2:1-3.
All these instances points to the truth, prophecies don’t fulfill themselves, you just engage in faith filled warfare prayers to see prophecies fulfilled. You must arise and possess all that God has made available for you in Christ Jesus.
This is very important because there are many demonic oppostions in life. If you go to sleep after receiving the prophetic word of God, the devil will always come and sow tares that will kill the seed of the prophetic word in your life. To see prophecies concerning your life fulfilled, you must wage war, you must fight the good fight of faith, you must engage in spiritual warfare prayers to destroy every opposing forces that will attempt to stand between you and the prophecy of God concerning your life.
3 Types Of Prayers
In order for us to know the right kind of prayers to pray, let us quickly examine 3 types of prayers. I have written a more comprehensive artclicle on types of prayers you can read it here. But for the purpose of todays topic, let us examine this three:
1. Supplication: This is a one on one prayer between you and God. supplication is you bringing your personal needs to the Lord in prayer. This prayers focuses on your personal issues.
2. Intercession: This is praying for an individual or a group of people. Intercession is a very powerful form of prayers, it is powerful because of its selfless nature. When you committ to praying for others, God Himself takes care of your needs.
3. Confrontational Prayers This is an aggressive type of prayer. These is the type of prayers you pray when you confront your mountains. Confrontational prayers are warfare prayers and therefore they are the most suitable prayers to pray when you want to see prophecies fulfilled in your life. Whenever a prophetic word is released in your direction, engage in confrontational prayers to posess that which God has spoken concerning your life and destiny. When you engage in this kind of warfare prayers, you destroy every opposing force trying to stop the fulfillment of Gods word in your life.
I have carefully selected some powerful warfare prayers to see prophecies fulfilled in your life. These prayers are confrontational prayers as they will confront the forces that confronts you. engage them with faith today and every prophetic word spoken in your life shall come to pass in Jesus Christ name.
1. Father, I thank you for your goodness in my life in Jesus Christ name
2. Oh Lord of mercy, have mercy on me and cleanse me from all unrighteosness in Jesus Christ name
3. I posess every prophetic word spoken over my life Now in Jesus Christ name
4. No word of God spoken over my life shall fall to the ground again in Jesus Christ name
5. I resist every force resisting the word of God in my life now in Jesus Christ name
6. I destroy every demonic theif fighting against the prophetic word in my life in Jesus Christ name
7. I silence every evil voice speaking contrary to the will of God for my life in Jesus Christ name
8. I destroy every prince of persia fighting against the delivery of my prophetic package in Jesus Christ name
9. Every voice of unbelief fighting the wotd of God in my life i silence you now in Jesus Christ name
10. I destroy the hold of territorial powers fighting the word of God in my life in Jesus Christ name
11. I declare that i shall testify to the goodness of God in my life in Jesus Christ name
12. I shall overcome all my battles this year in Jesus Christ name
13. I shall break every limitations holding my bound this year in Jesus Christ name
14. I shall suceed boyond my wildesst dreams in Jesus Christ name
15. Prosperity is my heritage in Jesus Christ name
16. Fruitfullness is my heritage in Jesus Christ name
17. The devil has lost the battle over my life in Jesus Christ name
18. All my enemies are deafeated forever in Jesus Christ name
19. Those that seek my downfall shall be put to eternal shame in Jesus Christ name
20. The word od God shall never fail in my life in Jesus Christ name
Thank you Jesus Christ for bringin your word to pass in my life.