1 Corinthians 6:18: Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Adultery is extramarital sex that willfully and maliciously interferes with marriage relations. The situation where a man or woman goes out of marital vows to keep a sexual affair with another partner. The scripture even preached against the act of adultery. In the book of 1st Corinthians 6:18-20 the Bible says, he who fornicates sin against his own body because our body is the temple of the living God. Today we shall be engaging in prayer points for deliverance from adultery.
Quite a number of married men and women are caught up in the act of adultery, they have tried several methods or means of breaking free but they keep failing because it is a spiritual problem. Many married couples are dying in silent, they can’t speak out because of the fear of damnation from people. Whereas, even those who are swift in condemning others are also caught in that mess too.
The act of adultery is actually demonic, most people are fast becoming addicted to adultery, they can not explain how or when they got into it, but all they know is that they are weak in fighting the temptations of adultery.
Meanwhile, I have a piece of good news for you today, whether you have been in the act for long or you just get into it. Prayer is a way out of it, God is willing to save you from the mess, He will give you the strength to overcome the temptations whenever it rises again. But before we go into the prayers deliverance, let us see some steps to avoid adultery.
5 Steps To Escape From Adultery
1. Repent: To repent means to acknowledge your faults and make a decision to turn right. Lasting change starts from the heart, It is with the heart that man believes and repents. If you are caught in the web of adultery, the first step to your deliverance is to acknowledge your sins, and go to God for forgiveness. There is no sin that Goid will not forgive, God hates adultery, but he loves those who are trapped in it. When we go to God in repentance, acknowledging our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9 .
2. Confront Your Partner: Whatever you don’t confront, will remain. The moment you repent from the sin of adultery, call your partner immediately and tell him or her that you are no longer interested in the affair, tell them that you have acknowledge your wrongs and that you are ready to go in the right direction from today. This is a very bold step, and it is not an easy one. Some partners will not leave you because you tell them to, some partners may even go as far as trying to blackmail you or threating to ruin your marriage if you don’t give in to them. But at this time you must be strong in the Lord, and resist the devil. Also when you find yourself in this kind of situation, it will be wise you confess to your pastor and to your spouse, by so doing, you get spiritual support from your pastor, forgiveness from your spouse and also support from him or her. Remember, a three fold cord cannot be easily broken.
3. Disconnect From Wrong Company: Evil communication corrupts good manners, 1corinthians 15:33. You must disconnect from every ungodly association that leads you into the sin of adultery. This also includes, avoiding wrong places, and sinful environments. For instance, if you found your partner in a bar, then you must avoid hanging out in bars. Disconnect yourself from any friend of yours that is still in the sin of adultery.
4. Be committed to God: Be prayerful, attend your local church regularly, serve God from your heart, be a student of the Word of God. You need to desire the word of God, so that you will grow in the faith. The word of God renews your mind daily, while prayers empowers you to do the will of God in your life.
5. Keep Running: The bible tells us to flee from sexual sins, flee means to run away from every appearance of evil. When you are fleeing, you are not looking back. Avoid unnecessary attachment to the opposite sex, As a married man, avoid giving single ladies lifts in your car. I know this may look extreme to some of us, but sexual sins starts with little things like this. As a pastor, when you are counselling ladies, keep your office door open, or better still let all the office doors be transparent doors. You must device means to protect your from adultery at all cost. Please not, that this doesn’t meant that you are to be sin conscious, no, it only means that you are desperate and willing to please God, it also means that you are guarding your heart will all diligence.
20 PRAYER POINTS TO BREAK FREE FROM ADULTERY
- Heavenly Father, I know that my flesh has made me sinned against you, and to you alone have I done this great evil, by your mercy, I ask that you will forgive me of my sins and wash them away with the blood of Christ.
- Righteous King, the Bible says even if our sin is as red as scarlet they shall be made whiter than snow and if our sin is as red as crimson, they shall be made whiter than wool, I ask that you will by your mercy never bring my son to remembrance again, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, I come to you with a broken and a shattered heart. The scripture says a broken and a contrite heart will you not despise, I ask that you will give me the grace to overcome the temptations of adultery in Jesus name.
- Heaven Father, I’m vulnerable to adultery without your spirit and power. Most times when I repent in my heart they don’t last for long. I ask that by your power, you will send your Holy Spirit into my life, your spirit that will always ignite my mortal body to fight against sin, Lord let that spirit dwell me
- Lord, by your powers, I destroy every yoke of adultery that has been embedded in my blood. The Bible says that by the anointing every yoke shall be destroyed. Every yoke of adultery that is holding me bound is destroyed in Jesus.
- Father of Heaven, I come against every demonic man or woman sent from the pit of hell to destroy the union that you God have ordained. I destroy such women and men by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I lose whatever chains that held me bond to adultery, I break them by the fire of most high, I decree my freedom from the snare of adultery in the name of Jesus
- Father Lord, the scripture says anyone who is in Christ is now a new creature and old things are passed away. Lord, as I rededicate my life to you today grant unto the power to flee from my old lifestyle in Jesus name.
- Lord, I give all my life to you in total submission, I give my spirit, body, and soul unto you, I ask that you will take control of it in Jesus name.
- Lord, I announce my liberation from sexual immorality in Jesus name. I ask that you will grant me the grace to respect my marital vows, privilege to lovey partner dearly in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, put upon me the full armor of God that I may resist the devil completely in the name of Jesus. The scripture says resist the devil and he will flee, Lord today, I take upon myself your full armor and I resist sexual immorality in its entirety in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, at the mention of Jesus every knee must bow and every tongue shall confess, I decree my dominance over sexual sins in the name of Jesus. I receive the grace to respect my marital vows that I may not sin unto you and to my own body in Jesus name.
- Lord, for it has been written that our body is the temple of the living God, hence, nothing must defile it, I pray that you will come and make my heart your new home in the name of Jesus.
- I decree, that you will make everything that I ever had your own, Lord, I ask that you will search me to and through and my life will be a replica of your identity in Jesus name.
- I command you Satan in the name of Jesus get your hands off this marriage. This marriage belongs to the Lord, I send you packing from this union in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, every string of adultery, sexual immorality and sins that have been orchestrated by the devil to make me fall from this righteous part, I destroy them in the name of Jesus.
- The Bible says let him that thinks he stands to be careful, or else, he falls. Lord, I seek for your spiritual stamina, that comes what may, I will not fall, I ask that you release it unto me in Jesus.
- Lord, I decree that you will break every spiritual contamination that may cause me to return to my sin, I destroy them by the virtue and power in the name of Jesus.
- I receive my victory over adultery by the blood of the lamb, and it will never conquer me anymore in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you, heavenly King, for the freedom, thank you for the chains that you have broken, thanks for the victory, let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.