A confused mind is a struggling mind, a mind that has no peace always but always troubled. Being confused is one of the worst feelings a Christian can have. In our daily life activities we are faced with different questions, challenges that sometimes birth confusion. Today we shall be engaging in prayers for a confused mind, every confusion in your mind shall be flushed out today in the name of Jesus Christ.
Samuel Chadwick in one of his quotes says that “Confusion and impotence are the inevitable results when the wisdom and resources of the world are substituted for the presence and power of the Spirit of God”
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. When man decides to put God asides and replaces Him with self, negative emotions set in, then man begins to find satisfaction outside God plan and purpose for him, most Christian don’t even know there is a plan or purpose of God for them, all they want is miracle, they want to say some short wrong prayer with the negative emotion inside them and expect miracle to happen.
2 Corinthians 2:11, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his scheme, confusion come as a result of the negative feelings we derive outside God word and his spirit.
Sin also causes confusion, sin comes in as a result of lust and emotions we feel outside God, when we sin Satan has the opportunity to confuse us, at first he tries to lure us to sin by confusing us sometimes the twist the word of God in our minds like he did when he was tempting our Saviour Jesus.
When we receive disappointment, when we are in some type of trial, when you sin, when you’re struggling with a certain sin, these are times when Satan will rush in and say things like you are not right with God, God is mad at you, you are not really a Christian, God has forsaken you, don’t go to God and keep on asking for forgiveness, it’s God’s fault blame Him, etc.
Satan will come in and make these lies, but remember Satan is a liar. He will do anything he can to make you doubt God’s love for you, His mercy, His grace, and His power. God is with you. God says don’t lean on your own understand which bring confusion, but instead trust in me.
John 8:44 “You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.”
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. We can only overcome confusion when we let the Holy Spirit take charge of our life, and for that to happen we need to;
• Accept Jesus into our life
• Forsake every act that brings negative emotion like, drinking, fornication or adultery, smoking, we do some of this things first to derive a feeling of satisfaction and eventually leads to addiction.
• Daily digest or study the word of God together with the holy spirit
• Let the Spirit of God oversee your life, he is the only one who can help you overcome confusion, let him be your guide in everything you will do.
Sometimes even as born again Christian Satan will even try to make you think that God is incapable of helping you in a situation. “This situation is too hard for God. It is impossible for Him.” Satan can lie all he wants God is faithful.
Jeremiah 32:27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
Isaiah 49:14-16 “But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.” “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
One thing we should know is that even if God has given you a personal promise that He will make a way for you, the devil will bring confusion. He will start making you think God didn’t say He was going to provide for you. He is not going to make a way for you. You’re then going to say God, but I thought you said you will provide for me, what did I do? Satan wants you to doubt, but you must trust in the Lord.
1. O lord thank you for your sacrifice, your love and your holy spirit.
2. Dear Lord, forgive my every act of rebellion and disobedience to your word Lord use your blood to purge every form of negative emotions and feelings in my life in Jesus name
3. Dear Lord, I desire to be clear-minded in a time when deceit and deception floods into my minds from so many quarters, and so I pray that you endow me with your holy spirit so that I may not be tossed about by the many winds of challenges and troubles of the world that can cause confusion, and distort the truth of your word in my life in Jesus Christ Name.
4. Father I do not want to be swept into the world’s way of thinking and pray that You would give me increasing and ongoing clarity of thought in every area of my life in Jesus Christ Name.
5. Lord I pray you open the eyes of my understanding that you give me real wisdom. Help me not to fall into a spiritual slumber but rather to remain alert and watchful, knowing that the days are evil. Thank You Lord that I am your blood-bought child and that nothing can separate me from Your love – and give me the grace I pray to stand fast until the day of Christ Jesus, in Whose name I pray. Amen
6. Father, let your peace flow in my life like a river in the name of Jesus Christ
7. Father, by your blood purge me of every trace of confusion in my mind in the name of Jesus Christ
8. Sweet Holy Spirit, I receive your peace in my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
9. I reject the spirit of confusion in the name of Jesus Christ
10. I shall never lack ideas in any areas of my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
11. Every force of darkness troubling my mind be cast out now in the name of Jesus Christ
12. I cover myself with the precious blood of Jesus Christ
13. I decree that no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper in the name of Jesus Christ.
14. I decree that I have the wisdom of God at work in my life in the name of Jesus Christ
15. I declare today that I have a sound mind in the name of Jesus Christ
16. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding is dwelling in my heart in the name of Jesus Christ.
17. I separate myself from every association causing confusion in my life in the name of Jesus Christ
18. I purge myself from every sin causing confusion in my life in the name of Jesus Christ
19. Father I thank you for taking away confusion in my mind in the name of Jesus Christ.
20. Thank you, Jesus Christ. Amen