Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
We all at some point in our life have some things that we struggle with and at times those things seem to overwhelm us. These are the areas of our lives where we can invite the Lord to inhabit us with His living power, and further down we can pray some inspiring and uplifting prayers for courage and a prayer for God’s guidance. There are also several encouraging bible verses that we can study to draw courage.
To have courage is to be full of confidence in the Lord, courage is a product of absolute trust and faith in God. When you trust God and God alone, you enjoy His guidance. To be guided by God is to be led by God. It means that God is the one directing your life. This prayers for courage and guidance will open your heart to trust in the Lord and in His word, leading to Him guiding you in all the affairs of your life.
Having courage and using God’s guidance during times of difficulty requires to seek the Lord. Seeking the Lord in his word, the bible is not just meant to know stories of people but to learn from their mistakes, success, challenges. The testimony of King David was that God is his source of strength and courage. In Psalm 18 verse 1 we read “I will love thee, O Lord my strength. And when the Apostle Paul writes to the Corinthian church, he declares that “…when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Timothy 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Throughout Scripture, we are reminded of God’s direction over our lives. He is our good Shepherd who leads us and He desires that we follow the path that leads to joy and contentment. When we pray for God’s guidance and for discernment through the Holy Spirit, we can rest assured that God will provide courage and wisdom! We do not have to worry about our next step or about tomorrow because we know who guides our way.
These great short prayers for courage and guidance will help you to achieve your desired expectations.
1. Oh God, I thank you for who you are and for your love and blessings over my life. Lord, because you are in my life, I thank you for the victory. I have victory over my enemies, who cause me to be afraid and fearful at times in Jesus Name. Exodus 15:2.
2. Heavenly Father, thank you for your guidance. Forgive me for getting ahead of your plans, and help me know when to stop and listen for your direction. Your ways are perfect, Lord. Thank You for offering gentle grace. In Jesus Name
3. Lord, I pray you would move your Holy Spirit more boldly in my life. I know that any sin can grieve and diminish the voice of the Spirit, and I pray against the temptation to sin. Help me crave your presence more than I crave sin. Help me grow in the fruit of the Spirit and so walk closer with yourself. I pray for guidance from your Spirit, let your will and promises always be a meditation of my heart. In Jesus’ Name
4. Dear Lord, I seek your strength that I may have the courage to face every challenge, I ask that your presence will always be with me continually. Father, in the midst of weakness, I declare strength because you are my hiding place and I trust you to always guide and always protect me from trouble. I pray that you will surround me with songs of deliverance. Lord, I pray for the song of deliverance in order that I may receive your divine strength in Jesus Name, Chronicles 16:11, Psalm 32:7-8.
5. Lord, you give power to the weak and you strengthen the powerless. I recognize my failures and I know that it’s only your strength that can carry me through this life of turmoil and challenges. I shall remain positive despite the negativity around me and I speak strength even in the midst of my weakness in Jesus Name. Isaiah40:29.
6. O Lord grant me courage both in prayer and in speech; guide me that I may care to obey you above all the teachings of men and that I may know out of my own experience in Jesus Name.
7. Lord so many times I feel like giving up and walking away from everything, and yet I know that in life, giving up is not an option. Give me the courage and strength to face the future and every situation that comes my way, and to trust you to walk with me every step of the way.
8. Father, this world is full of spiritual deception and a watered-down gospel is luring many good men and women away from the pure milk of the Word of God, and instead of drinking from the fountain of life so many are compromising their faith by imbibing from the broken cisterns of the world. Give me resolute courage I pray, and guide my every step to steadfast in your doctrine, and stand firm in the evil day. And endow me with the boldness that only comes from you so that I may remain firmly anchored to the unalterable and infallible Word of God in Jesus Name
9. Lord, I pray you to guide me from being lulled into a spiritual slumber or lured into compromising the gospel of truth, for the sake of an easy existence or a peaceful life and that I may recognize that one of the enemy’s chief objective is to render the witness of Christians impotent, by diluting the message of the glorious gospel of grace and twisting its eternal truths. I pray that my mind may be protected day by day as it is washed in the cleansing power of the Word of Truth and may I put on the whole armor of God so that I may stand firm in the evil day in Jesus Name
10. Lord, fill me with your light and your hope, please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I feel foolish, comfort when I am alone, hope when I feel rejected, and peace when I am in turmoil and guide me in the right part of your word in Jesus Name
11. Lord, I can’t do anything on my own, I have no knowledge, wisdom, and strength of my own, I pray thee O Lord that you guide all my steps, lead me in the part of righteousness and give me the courage to withstand and overcome every circumstance In Jesus Mighty Name.