Today we will be dealing with prayers for economic development.
Philippians 4:19; “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
Psa. 145:1-3 “I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.”
It is a good thing to give thanks to God and to show forth His Kindness daily, in the midst of it all, God has been faithful to us. Indeed, He’s faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made. The eyes of all look to you and you give them their food at the proper time.
As we would be praying for economic development today, we should understand that prayers can help us move from certain levels of insecurity in our personal and communal lives by acknowledging our dependence on God as our source of all provision and help.
We see the growth, expansion progress and development in various countries, in as much as we so desire to see it happen in our country, we must then commit it to the hands of the Lord. We commit the hearts of our leaders into the hands of the Lord. We pray for the Heart of Compassion and love. The effect of this is that they begin to do things that shows that they are considerate and they love God.
If a man loves God loves his neighbor, there are some certain steps he would not take rather he would seek for ways where the lives of those around him will become better. Matt. 22: 39, “And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Nigeria is a state blessed with resources enough to make wealth, tackle hunger, poverty and expand the economy but when there are men are the helms of power who are only bothered about converting public funds to private accounts, undoubtedly, the gap in between the masses and the upper class would be so evident. Psa. 62:10, “Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.”
When there’s a reverse, when the hearts of men come to the light of the love of God, there are levels a man would go to show that he cares for others. Management of resources, policies will be made for the benefit of the masses and the gap between the upper class and the masses will be bridged. That’s why we would be praying for our leaders, for the public and private sectors, businesses owners and employers of labour. We take charge in the place of prayer to see results of progress and change in our economy and so shall it be.
Philippians 4:6; “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for your love over us, because you’re always for us, by our side, for your faithfulness that endures unto all generations, for your mercies that we see daily in Jesus name.
Romans 8:31; “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Almighty Father we say thank you for you always take care of us and provide for us, thank you for you’ve been our sustainer in Jesus name.
Psa. 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
- Our Father we thank you once again for you have never failed us even in tough times, you’ve stood by us and provided for our needs, may your name be highly exalted in Jesus name.
- Lord we commit our leaders into your hands, we pray that you grant them a heart of compassion that would lead to productive decisions and development of our economy in Jesus name.
- Lord we pray for wisdom for men and women in positions of power, we pray that you impart unto them the Spirit of Wisdom Understanding and Counsel, we pray that you help them to lead us out of economic crisis, present or looming in the name of Jesus.
- Lord we pray that you help us all to honour you with our resources in the name of Jesus Christ.
Prov. 3:9-10,” Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
- Father Lord we pray that we shall begin to experience policies that would be in our favour leading to great economic development in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We ask that every spirit of greed, nonchalant attitude and selfishness in the hearts of men in power dies, we pray that they begin to see love and express it with the resources in their care in the name of Jesus.
1Tim. 6:10, ” The love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
- Father Lord we ask that you provide for us new opportunities and new streams of revenues for expansion in the economy in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord we pray for our entrepreneurs, employers and investors, we pray for great expansion and huge profits in the name of Jesus.
- We pray for every business owners that your favour will surround us like a shioed in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We pray that your mighty hand will rest upon employers of labour, upon investors and business owners in Jesus name.
- We pray the blessings of God upon the public and private sectors of our economy in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We pray for business growth on our streets, in our towns and states thereby leading to growth in our economy in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We pray that your help is made available for everyone struggling, their feet is established and they experience abundance in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We come against loss and crisis in our business endeavors in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We come against economic setbacks, hunger and poverty in our states in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father Lord we pray that you help us to move from insecurity to growth and progress using the right strategies and policies by the wisdom of God in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father we pray that you help us to depend on you for wisdom that would help us make wise decisions and policies, for our leaders, investors, employers of labour thereby leading to development of our economy in Jesus name.
- Father we thank you because all that we have, we received from you, we put our trust in you, we thank you for Economic Development, thank you for expansion, thank you for creative ideas for wealth in the name of Jesus.
- Father we thank you for every individual, thank you for the abundance that we receive in the name of Jesus Christ.