Today we will be dealing with scriptures to pray for your relationship. To a larger extent, the type of relationship we indulge in will determine how far our lives will progress. Relationship can be very sweet and romantic from the beginning but the moment the devil strikes, the relationship can become so sour. When promise to give you partner whether man or woman, it is not enough to wait and expect the man or woman to come into your life in one piece.
Even when you are waiting, you should interceed on behalf of the relationship. The enemy will strike at any point in time. The scripture warned that our adversary is like a roaring Lion, going forth and back looking for whom to devour. One of the reasons the enemy attack a relationship from the courtship stage is because he doesn’t want the two to settle in marriage. The devil understands that marriage is a union orchestrated by God Himself for man. There are so many blessings that are attached marriage when an individual marry rightly. Little wonder the scripture says, one will pull a thousand and two will pull ten thousand.
The first thing the enemy attacks in a union is the unity of purpose. Remember the scripture says can two walk together unless they agree? When the enemy throws the chaff of disagreement into a relationship, such relationship is at the edge of breaking up. Needless to say that there is no need for going into a relationship if it won’t lead to marriage. This is why it is important to pray fervently for your relationship. Do not just sit back and expect things to fall in place naturally, raise a standard against the antics of the devil.
When you feel there is a need to pray for your relationship, use the following scriptures to pray:
1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
Use this passage of the Bible to pray for love. Where geniune love exist, the devil won’t have a place there. When the love in a relationship begins to dwindle, it won’t be hard for the enemy to strike. Pray that God invest into the heart of you two the spirit of love.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you grant us the grace to love ourselves dearly. Just like the way you loved the church, teach us to love ourselves without blemish.
- This relationship is built upon the word of God. Father Lord, I pray for the type of love that understands, the type of love that forgives, I pray that you give it to us in the name of Jesus.
Ephesians 4:2-3 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Use this passage to pray that God grant you the spirit of understanding in your relationship. Ask for the grace to endure and tolerate one another in love. One of the vices that the enemy uses against believer is lack of understanding. When you are unable to understand or tolerate your partner, the relationship is heading towards the rock already.
- Father Lord, I pray for the grace to understand my partner. I ask that you will endow me with the spirit of understanding that even when they are not making any clear sense, I will still understand them. I pray for the grace to calm even in the face of trouble, Lord, release it to me in Jesus name.
- Lord, I ask that you will grant me the grace to tolerate my partner. The grace to tolerate his/her excesses or weaknesses as we strive towards perfection, Lord release it unto me in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Use this bible verse to pray against the spirit of anger. You must know that anger doesn’t solve a problem, it rather create more problems. We do and say so many things that we don’t mean when we are angry. Finally our anger will subsidize but the words that we have said linger on in the mind of the people we hurt with our word.
- Father Lord, I pray that you will teach me to remain calm. I come against the spirit of anger. I refuse to allow anger ruin the relationship that God has helped me built. Grant me the grace to sense anger when it is building up, give me the power to resist it in Jesus name.
- Lord, I pray for the grace to guide my mouth with deligence. I seek for the grace to remain silent even in the face of terrible anger. Lord grant me the privilege to censor the words of my mouth even when I’m terribly angry in Jesus name.
Ephesians 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Use this bible verse to pray that God grant you the grace to remain faithful to your relationship even when you have misunderstanding. Most times, when there are little misunderstanding, we are swift to give up on the relationship because we feel it can no longer fly due to the heat of the moment. Whereas, that is just an hindrance to fulfilling the purpose of God for that relationship.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will feel my heart with calmness even when everything seems to be going upside down. Grant me the grace to still believe in the relationship. Endow me with the knowledge that the relationship was built by you and that you are still capable of salvaging the situation, in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, I pray for the grace to be faithful to my relationship. Even when the relationship is wounded, grant me the grace to trust and hope in you alone for healing. I pray for the grace to remaining standing, I rebuke the plans of the enemy to sway me away by the feeling of rejection in my relationship, in Jesus name.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up.
Use this portion of the scripture to pray that you and your partner become helper of destiny. The two of you are not just in the relationship, God is preparing the both of you to become helpers of destiny in nearest future. That is why the scripture says two are better than one. If one of them should fall, the other can lift them up.
- Lord Jesus, I stand in the position of an helper to my partner. I refuse to capitalize on his/her weakness and use it against him/her. I pray that you will teach me to become a better soulmate and future partner. I refuse to be their greatest tragedy in life in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, as you have made me a helper for my mate, I pray that no one will take my place in the name of Jesus.