Today we will be dealing with bible verses to pray when you feel rejected. If you have ever suffered rejection before, you will understand what it means. It is a feeling of isolation, a feeling of being withdrawn from the public. Sometimes, this feeling could be as a result to derogatory remark from people. Also, it could be as a result of inferiority complex in the mind of a person. When a man has inferiority complex, he or she doesn’t feel anything is good about them and this can cause them to withdraw from the society.
When rejection is caused by derogatory remark from people, it is very tough for the victim to overcome. When you are in this condition, it is important for you to know God and know Him well. Before we delve into the bible verses to pray when you feel rejected, let’s quickly highlight some of the things that cause a feeling of rejection.
Things That Causes A Feeling Of Rejection
Low Self Esteem
Any man that suffers from a low self esteem will having a feeling of rejection and this can lead to depression. Low self esteem can cause a person to withdraw from the society. It is a wrong psychological state that makes a man sees himself less.
If you have ever heard the popular Biblical parlance, Can any good thing come out of Nazareth? This statement was made by someone who has a low self esteem about the city of Nazareth. This explains why he condemned the city to a fault. He doesn’t see any good thing coming out of the city. Similarly, a man with low self esteem will not see himself doing any good thing in life and this will make him withdraw from the society.
When There is No One To Ask For Help
When you terribly need help and you can’t find someone worthy enough to provide that help, you will start having the feeling of rejection. A man that doesn’t have anyone to turn to when he needs it most will feel dejected at that point in time. And if care is not taken, it can cause depression.
One of the biggest cause of depression is the feeling of rejection. The feeling of rejection can cause a man to see no need to live further. When this happens, suicidal thoughts will begin to ruminate in the mind of such person.
When The Feeling of Guilty Overrides A Man
The feeling of rejection can set in when a man feels guilty about a certain thing. Such is the story of Judas Iscariot. After betraying Christ for 30 silver coins, he could not bear the guilt, he was overwhelmed by it.
Unlike Apostle Peter that seemed God for forgiveness after denying Christ thrice, guilt could not make Judas Iscariot find his way back to God. He felted rejected from the rest of the brethren because of what he has done and he committed suicide.
How To Overcome Feeling of Rejection
- Remind yourself that God loves you regardless of the situation that you find yourself
- Tell yourself that God is ever faithful to forgive you all your sins provided you have a genuine repentance.
- Always remember that God created you in His image and likeness. You are the best version of yourself and God doesn’t make mistake.
- Remember that Satan is cunny. Know the antics of the enemy to drift you away from the presence of the father.
- Study the scripture to get hold of numerous promises that God gave made for you.
- Go on your knees and pray with the following bible verses
Bible Verses For Prayer
- Romans. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love, he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.
- Psalm 138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
- Psalm 17:7-8 Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in your form their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye, hide me in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalm 18:35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
- Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved
- 1 Corinthians. 6:20 For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body
- Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
- Psalm 139:13-14 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs–heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
- 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.