Today we will be dealing with prayer points against shame and disgrace. Shame and disgrace goes hand in hand, these two vices are capable of destroying the reputation of a man. It renders a man useless and reduces the self esteem of any man. If you have every being ridiculed by the same people who used to celebrate you, you will understand what shame and disgrace is. When you can no longer walk freely on the street because you fear that people will make a mockery of you.
Often than not, before shame or disgrace happens to a man, a great calamity will befall such a man which will make him become an object of ridicule. When this happens, confusion will be set in the air. You would not even where or who to turn to for help because you are filled with shame and disgrace. Psalm 44:15 ‘’ My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face hath covered me.’’? Shame and disgrace are a form of dishonour that happens to a man. It brings a man down and would do anything possible for such man never to rise again.
Just before we delve into prayer point against shame and disgrace, it is important to know the cause of these terrible vices that the enemy uses to reduce a man.
Causes of Shame and Disgrace
Sinful and Careless Decisions;
One of the biggest causes of disgrace and shame is sin and careless decision that is taken by a man. King David brought calamity upon himself and the palace by laying with Uriah’s wife. Uriah was one of the faithful soldiers in David’s army. One day David taking a stroll and he saw Uriah’s beautiful wife, he could not resist her, he called her in and had sex with her.
At this point, David commited a sin of adultery. As if that was not enough, he also had Uriah killed at the battle front just so he could take over his wife completely. God was not pleased with this. And this brought a heavy calamity on David and the palace. The baby that Uriah’s wife had for David died. God took the life of the unholy seed putting David to shame.
There is a popular parlance that pride comes befall downfall. The book of proverbs 11: 2 further lay emphasis on the negative effect of pride. It says When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom.
David pride himself as king that was why he saw no evil in laying with Uriah’s wife. He believed that he was untouchable by men and the law, forgetting that God is above all.
Disobedience to the will and instructions of God will bring calamity upon the life of a man. Little wonder the scripture says obedience is better than sacrifice.
After His created Adam and Eve in the garden. God ordered that they should eat from all the trees in the garden except one tree which is the tree of life. God revealed that the day they eat from that tree is the day they die. However, Adam and Eve disobeyed this instruction as they eat from the tree. They were disgracefully barnished from the beautiful garden.
Trust On Fellow Human
Trust in man is vain. The Psalmist understood this, little wonder the book of Psalm 121:1-2 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
God doesn’t want us to put our trust in fellow human. And we discover that anytime we neglect God by putting our hope and trust in a man, we are often dissappointed. On no account should we allow the trust in a man to take the place of God in our lives.
Having known the causes of shame and disgrace, try as much as possible to avoid these causes. I decree by the authority of heaven, every form of shame and disgrace in your life is taken away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I thank you for the grace that you have used to call me out of darkness into your marvelous light. I magnify you for your provision over my life, Lord let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that your mercy shall speak for me in the name of Jesus. In every way that the enemy wants to put me to shame, let your mercy speak in the name of Jesus.
- I come against any form of calamity that has been stationed by the enemy to put me to shame in the sight of others. I pray that every calamity is taken away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I put my trust and hope in you, let me not be put to shame. I ask that by your mercy, you will safe me from the reproach of my enemies, you will not let them have victory over me in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, in any way that the enemy want to shame me over my health, I decree by the authority of heaven that you will not allow it in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I come against every form of dilapidating health that will make the enemy to make mockery of me, I come against it in the name of Jesus.
- Lord I decree over my relationship that the enemy shall not have reason to make mockery of me in the name of Jesus. Lord, I establish the tenet of my relationship on the solid rock of Christ Jesus, I shall not be put to shame in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, over my career, Christ has never failed, I rebuke every form of failure in the name of Jesus. In anyway the enemy wants to turn me into an object of ridicule due to failure, I block it in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I decree that instead of shame and reproach let me be celebrated in the name of Jesus.