Today we will be dealing with prayer points against spirit of diversion. To many believers, the problem is not answered prayer, but powers diverting blessings and answered prayer. There is a slight difference between the power of diversion and the power of delay. Daniel experienced a delay in answered prayer when he prayed fervently to God. The prince of Persia has held down the angel bringing Daniel’s answered prayer. However, when Daniel tarried in the place of prayer, God sent another angel to complete the job.
In contrast, the power of diversion doesn’t delay a blessing or answered prayer. It instead steals the blessing and give it to another person even if the individual doesn’t merit it. Let’s take the life of Jacob and Esau, for example. Rebekah served as an agent of diversion and worked against Esau. Isaac plan was to bless Esau, who happens to be the first child. However, Rebekah, whose favorite child was Jacob, plotted with him and had their father blessed Jacob instead of Esau. Just like that, the blessings of Esau were diverted and given to Jacob. Genesis 27:6-17: “Rebekah said to her son Jacob, “Look, I overheard your father say to your brother Esau, ‘Bring me some game and prepare me some tasty food to eat, so that I may give you my blessing in the presence of the Lord before I die.’
Now, my son, listen carefully and do what I tell you: Go out to the flock and bring me two choice young goats, so I can prepare some tasty food for your father, just the way he likes it. Then take it to your father to eat so that he may give you his blessing before he dies.” Jacob said to Rebekah, his mother, “But my brother Esau is a hairy man while I have smooth skin. What if my father touches me? I would appear to be tricking him and would bring down a curse on myself rather than a blessing.” His mother said to him, “My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me.” So he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and she prepared some tasty food, just the way his father liked it. Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau, her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins. Then she handed to her son Jacob the tasty food and the bread she had made.
The spirit of diversion duplicates people’s identity for another individual to win their blessing. There are so many people whose blessing has been diverted. There are so many individuals whose blessing has been taken away and handed to another person by the power of evil diversion. This power will only cause an individual to work tirelessly like an elephant, but with no vivid results to show for it. You will see a graduate with good grades but struggle to get a menial job. One of the ways the power of evil diversion works is through the change of identity.
When you are being mistaken for another person, when people no longer see you for who you are but take you for another, that means this evil power is at work. It happens in every segment of life. Even in school, results will be changed. Students with great potentials will have their results given to another person. This is the power of evil diversion. I speak as an oracle of God, every evil power diverting your blessings, a stop has come to them in the name of Jesus. If you discover that you are not getting the benefits that are due for you. If you are an employee diligent in his work but have remained in the same position for years, but people who are not as diligent and committed as you are being promoted often, you should know that the power of evil diversion is at work. You must be severe with prayers.
I have compiled a list of prayer points you should say when this evil spirit is tormenting you. God will answer you swiftly and deliver you from this demon in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for your grace and favor. I thank you for your mercy. May your name be highly exalted. Lord, I thank you for revealing the source of my problem. I magnify you for promising a way out of it. May your name be highly exalted.
- Father Lord, I cut off every evil hand of diversion over my life. Every demonic hand stealing my blessings and giving them to another individual let such hands dry up today in the name of Jesus. Every agent of diversion in my life, the fire of the holy ghost, consumes you today in the name of Jesus.
- I set fire on every garment that has been used to change my identity. Every robe that has changed my identity, making it difficult for my blessings to locate me, I set you on fire today in the name of Jesus.
- Every power of the devil that has been monitoring my life from the first day, I decree that you go blind today in the name of Jesus. The power is covering me from my helper, for today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, every agent of diversion that the enemy has assigned to my life to monitor my destiny, die today in the name of Jesus. Every woman like Rebekah in my life planning to steal my blessing for another person fall to death today in the name of Jesus.
- I closed down every portal that the enemy was using to divert my blessing. Every man and woman close to me that has signed up for the devil to use against me, I decree separation between us today in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray for the recovery of a blessing that has been unjustly given to another person. I’m the rightful owner. I decree that the power of God Almighty will locate them and recover them for me today in the name of Jesus.
- I send every agent of diversion out of my life and family today in the name of Jesus. I decree by the authority of heaven, from today I shall possess every blessing that is meant for me. Every breakthrough, every favor that God has designed for me, I shall possess them in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse and hindrance that has been placed in my life instead of blessings, I send you out today in the name of Jesus.