Today we will be dealing with prayer points to overcome spiritual laziness in ember month. As the year is running to an end, people will be busy with preparations for Christmas. Many believers will leave the fire on their altar cold as a result of the festivities.
We all know how it’s not so easy for us to go on with our daily lives coming back from work so tired and fatigue and still wanting to create time for prayers or a conversation with God.We keep on procrastinating and sometimes even go as far as saying God will understand that I’m busy, funny right ?. Today we shall be engaging in prayers against laziness and procrastination. Laziness is one of the biggest hindrances to success.
This prayer article will help us see what it costs us to be lazy spiritually;
For the bible says “we wrestle not against flesh and blood ,but against principalities and princes ruling high places “, we need to keep our fuel burning so as not to worn out and also to pray ahead for we know not what’s coming for us because even the bible warned us that “the days are evil,but we renew each days with prayers ”
Overcoming spiritual laziness starts with first acknowledging what is happening. Doing this makes it easier to do the following. Here is what you need to do when you become spiritually lazy:
How To Overcome Spiritual Laziness
Spiritual laziness usually creeps in those moments when we choose comfort over discipline. For instance, you keep snoozing your alarm until you barely have time to get dressed and go to work or when you find yourself procrastinating, doing your chores, any and everything but actually spending time with God.The most important thing is to wake up, once you’re awake ,even if it’s 30mins give it to God and make sure you intercede for your family and loved once ,my dear before you know it you’re conversing with God already and you wouldn’t even know your time is far spent . Once your alarm beep,*”GET UP”*
BE AT ALERT
There is not a set time for praying, the bible says pray without ceasing, when you’re bathing pray ,in your bus conveying you to your place if work you can take out time to read a small portion of the bible, while eating you can pray to .
DO NOT GIVE EXCUSES
Our Lord Jesus Christ prays before embarking on anything, do not say I prayed in the morning, I will pray later in the afternoon “NO DEAR” don’t say that , spiritual life is no exception. If you want it, you have to work for it!
PUT IN MORE EFFORT
If you want intimacy with God, where you feel totally fulfilled and excited to learn more, you have to put forth an effort
With the few points above , that can be the beginning of you overcoming your spiritual laziness, you might want to ask how do I know I’m lazy spiritually, read the next paragraph;
How To Know You Are Lazy Spiritually
- You start procrastinating
- You find it difficult to pray and read your bible as you used to
- Attending bible studies and fellowship gatherings becomes an issue
- You tend to not ask questions about God or what His word says
- You don’t even know what to orsy about when you’re asked to
- Your mind is majorly focused on worldly things
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT SPIRITUAL LAZINESS
Proverbs 6:9–11 -
“How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.”
1 Corinthians 15
“Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
I pray as you read through this article the grace and strength to be active in your place of prayer will be granted into you.
Say these prayers with me to assist you in overcoming your spiritual laziness,and don’t forget to be intentional about it.
- Lord God, I bless your holy name for the grace that you have given to me. I thank you for the blessings and the gift of life that you have made open to me, Lord, I exalt your holy name. Father Lord, I come before you this day to seek for your help. I see myself getting lazy when I want to talk with you about things that are very important to my life and destiny. Procrastination has become a major hindrance to my success and growth in life, I pray that you will help me conquer it in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I need your mercy to help me stay focus when I’m doing things. Lord, when I lay my hands on something, I seek for the grace not to be distracted. Jesus help me set my focus on achivening things, and help me to remain focused until I have accomplished. I rebuke every agenda of the enemy that has turned me into my own enemy through procrastination, I destroy their scheme over my life in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus,I need your grave to function in your kingdom, help me to overcome my fleshy desires ,help me to put in more efforts in the place of prayers,help me nit to always come up with excuses and grant me wisdom for I know not what to pray for , guide me Lord .
- Father Lord , let your holy spirit guide me in things I’m ro say when praying, wake me up lord, wake my spirit man, give me the grace to pray without ceasing,help me to understand your word when I’m reading , let the holy spirit spirit teach me and lead me through your word .May I not read your word as a story book Lord but as a kingdom general who will eat ,digest and still be able to share your word with people in my environments,work place .
- Lord Jesus I pray, rekindle my spirit man when I’m tired for you said in your word tat even in my distress,you will listen to me and re kindle your fire in me always.AMEN
- Lovelies we have cone to the end of this month prayer , and I hope you have your testimonies before the month runs out. PEACE.