2 Kings 5:25 But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither. 5:26 And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants? 5:27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.
Life is full of mysteries, and nothing happens in life by accdent. Everything that happens, its because there is a cause to the effect of that happening. Therefore, for you as an individual to make progress in life, you must crave to understands how things operates in life. Today we shall be engaging in a 3 day prayer and fasting to break the cycle of family curses.
These prayer and fasting will open your eyes to the mystery of family curse and you will be empowered to break free from every form of curses working against your life and family. I encourage you to read every piece of this article by faith today and expect to see the hand of God set you free from every legal hold of the devil in your life in Jesus Christ name.
Are Curses Real?
Before we answer that question, let us first of all define what a curse is. A curse is a negative proclamation open a person, a group of people or a thing, which takes effect immediately and begins to control that person or thing. Curses can be placed upon animate and inanmate object. A person can be cursed, a tree can be cursed.
When a person is cursed, that person becomes exposed to the devil. Curses gives the devil a legal hold to operate in your life. Suffice to say that when one is cursed, he or she is handed over to the devil for torment. This torment continues untill the curse is lifted. Now back to our question, are curses real?
This is a very valid question a lot of people wonder if curses are real, do they really work? The answer to this question is an emphatic YES!!!. Curses are very real. Infact from the beginning, in Genesis 3:17, we see God curse the ground for mans sake. In case you didnt know, this is where struggles started from. That is why till date, you must work hard and sweat before you can make a living in life. That curse is stlll in effect till today.
Also in Deuteronomy 28:14-68, we see what the bible calls the Curse of the law. We see all the various curses attached to desobeying the commands of God. This curse is activated by sin.
In the bible we also see Noah place a curse on Canaan one of his sons, Genesis 9:25, and Jacob place a curse on Reuben his first son, Genesis 49:3. This type of curse is called parental curse.
In the book of Joshua 6:26, we saw Joshua place a curse on whosoever attempts to rebuild the walls of Jericho and in 1 Kings 16:34, we see the curse of Joshua come to pass.
In the New testament, we see Jesus Christ our Lord place a curse on a fig tree, Mark 11:12-25, Peter placed a curse on Simeon, Acts 8:20, Paul placed a curse on Elymas the sorcerer, Acts 13:8.
All this are clear indication, that curses are real. A curse placed in one generation can affect the generations after it, the same way, a curse placed on a family will remain in that family until it is broken.
Types Of Curses
1. Curse Of The Law: Ths curse is the greatest curse that ever exists, and If Christ can deliver us from this curse, then all other curses are a piece of cake to Him. This curse is triggered by sin, and the curse is death, the second death. This means as long as you are not born again this curse is still at work in your life, only believers have been set free from it through Christ. Galatians 3:13.
2. Parental Curse: This curses are placed on an individual by their parents, or any other elder person. When you maltreat your parents, and treat them like trash, they can place a curse on you. The same way when you maltreat older people, you can attract a curse in your life. There are also situations where evil parents and elders place a curse on an innocent child. The good news is that through the Power in the name of Jesus Christ, all these curses can be broken. Howerver, if you offended your parents and they are still alive, you must go to them and ask for their mercy, the same goes for any elderly person you have offended. Also when you go to apologize, dont go empty handed, go with a lot of goodies as much as you can afford.
3. Generational Curse: This is a type of curse that moves from generation to generation. It can only stop in the generation that decides to break the curse. A perfect example is Gehazi 1 Kings 5:20-27.
4. The Curse Of A Man Of God: This are curses released upon a person by a man of God. These men of God, can be pastors, prophets, evangelist or any believer. Every man of God has the power to proclaim blessings and curses, while the new testament admonishes us not curse, when a man of God places a curse on you, it sticks. You must treat men of God with respect, do not maltreat them or make life miserable for them, i am talking about men God has sent your way to bless you. Treat them with respect, so that you can only attract blessings and never curses. Examples of this type of curses are; Elijah 1 Kings 17:1, Elisha 2 Kings 5:20-27, Peter Acts 8:20, Paul Acts 13:8.
5. Curses From Witch Doctors: This is a cursed place on someon by a native doctor, witch or wizard, sangoma etc. A perfect example is when King Balak summoned the sorcerer Balaam to curse the Children of Isreal, so that he will destroy them. Numbers 22, Numbers 23.
6. Family Curse: This is a curse that affects the entire family of a person, including that person. Many families today a under a curse because of the sins there ancestors committed. Examples in the bible are Gehazi 2 kings 5:20-27, Achan, Joshua 7, Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, Numbers 16.
7. Self Inflicted Curse: This is a curse you put on yourself. This curse comes upon you when you enter a wrong covenant, or you engage on an evil act. Judas iscariot brought himself under a curse by betraying Jesus Christ Matthew 27:1-10. He hanged himself on the tree, and Galatians 3:13-14 tells us that cursed is he that hangeth himself on the tree. Also every thief and wicked person has placed a curse upon himself, Zachariah 5:4, Proverbs 3:33.
But What About Christ Sacrifice?
Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
This is the word of God, Christ has delivered us from the Curse of the Law through His sacrifice on the cross. This means that we are no longer subject to the law of sin and death, Romans 8:1-2. Sin and death no longer has power over us. However, we must Use the name of Jesus Christ through prayers and fasting to break free from every other curses at work in our lives. My beloved, make no mistakes about this, the devil will still come after you even after you are saved, remember that pharoah still ran after the isrealites when they left Egypt, despite the fact that Jesus is The Son Of God, the devil still tempted Jesus continually.
That you are redeemed from the law of sin and death, does not exempt you from the attacks of the devil, you must continuosly resist the devil in all areas of your life and dsetiny in other to enjoy a victorious life in Christ. Before Jesus ascended to heaven, He gave us Power, in the person of the Holy Ghost, we must continually engage that power if we must keep dominating in life, Acts 1:8.
This means, that you you dont assume that you are free, you possess your freedom by faith on the altar of prayer and fasting. You dont go to sleep because you are redeemed, you enforce your redemption by continually marching on the head of satan and his angels. If there is an evil cycle in your family break it by the force of prayer and fasting.
How Do I Break The Cycle Of Family Curses
Prayer and fasting is the key to breaking every cycle of family curses. Fasting empowers your spirit man to be super sensitive to wage spiritual warfare while prayers releases the hosts of Angels to destroy every legal hold of the devil over your family. I have carefully selected powerful 3 day prayer and fasting to break the cycle of family curses in your family. Engage this prayers with faith, gather your entire family together as you all embark on a 3 day fast, praying this prayer points. I see your family set free forever in Jesus name.
1.Father, I thank You for delivering me and my family from the curses of the law in Jesus Christ name.
2. I curse every curse in my life in Jesus Christ name.
3. Every curse hanging on my family tree be destroyed now in Jesus Christ name.
4. Every curse of witchcraft targetted on my family be destroyed now in Jesus Christ name.
5. Every curse of bondage in my family break now in Jesus Christ name.
6. Every self inflicted curse in my family break now in Jesus Christ name.
7. Every cycle of untimely death in my family break now in Jesus Christ name.
8. I renounce every curse spoken against my family members, knowingly and unknowingly in Jesus Christ name.
9. I renounce all unholy covenant which my ancestors made on my behalf in Jesus Christ name.
10. I release my family from every form of collective captivity in Jesus Christ name.
11. Every inherited bondage in my family be destroyed in Jesus Christ name.
12. I break and lose my family from every evil covenant in Jesus Christ name.
13. I silence the voice of any curse speaking against my family in Jesus Christ name.
14. Let the rod of the wicked rising up against my family be destroyed now in Jesus Christ name.
15. Let every gates opened to the enemy as a result of curses in my family be destroyed in Jesus Christ name.
16. Once and for all i release myself and my entire family from all the authority of every curse in Jesus Christ name.
17. I render powerless every activity of sorcerers against my family in Jesus Christ name.
18. I render powerless every charm targetted against me and my family in Jesus Christ name.
19. I render powerless every strange power targetted against me in Jesus Christ name.
20. Enough is enough of curses in my life and family, i must make progress this year in Jesus Christ name.
21. I mock every problem that mocks me in Jesus Christ name.
22. I destroy every power that attempts to destroy me in Jesus Christ name.
23. I humiliate every agent of satan that wants to humiliate me in Jesus Christ name.
24. I release calamity upon all those who trouble my life in Jesus Christ name.
25. By the blood of Jesus, i am washed from all curses in Jesus Christ name.
26. Every demonic switch designed to put off my light be destroyed now in Jesus Christ name.
27. Me and my entire family are set free now in Jesus Christ name.
28. From today, the hand of God shall never depart from my family in Jesus Christ name.
29. I declare that i am free in Jesus Christ name.
30. Thank You Jesus Christ.