Family is structured on the principle of unity, and Unity is capable of birthing a family. Whether or not people are related by blood or marriage, they can become family when there is a unity of purpose. Reasonably, powerful prayer for unity in the family hence becomes one of the most important prayers to say for the family. A family is an essential unit in the sight of God. As much as the family could be regarded as a social institution, it can also be seen as a spiritual entity.
When a child is born into this world, they have no religion, no language, identity, or belief. It is the sole function of the family to bring up the child. The family gives the child identity, religion, helps them craft a belief, and provides them with a language.
Judging by this, it is, therefore, important that the family is United to achieve all these functions that the society and God want them to perform. When there is no unity in the family, there is no way it won’t affect the upbringing of every child born into that family.
There is nothing as fulfilling as a family that stands together in unity. The merits of this great deed can not be overemphasized. Recall that the Bible says one will pull a thousand, and two will pull ten thousand. This established the fact that families would achieve more when they are United. However, two can not work together unless they agree. What this means is that the success or failure of any family will be based on the unity that exists that family or the lack of it.
Amazingly, when families hold hands and pray together, it spells a great doom on the kingdom of darkness. God respects a unity in purpose, the devil also knows this, and that’s why the first thing he tries to steal from a family is the spirit of unity.
Even in the body of Christ, when each compartment is broken into fragments, the devil will not be too far to strike.
The book of Joshua chapter 24 – 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. The only reason Joshua could authoritatively say this was because there is a unity of purpose in his family.
The unity in the family of Joshua made it easy for him to tell the elders of Isreal that they can go ahead and chose another God for themselves if they see evil in serving the Lord. However, for him and his family, they would serve the Lord.
Do not allow the devil to take away one of the greatest assets that God has given to your family. You must do everything to protect the unity that exists in your family. We have compiled a list of powerful prayers for unity in the family to help your family stay United.
- Father Lord, I pray to you today concerning my family. I ask that you will teach us to be united in the name of Jesus.
- I come against every power and scheme that may want to create a disparity in our midst; I destroy such powers in the name of Jesus.
- I pray Lord that you will cause us to have a unity of purpose, you will make the vision clear to each of us, that we may uniformly run by it in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray for your undiluted love, teach us how to love ourselves dearly in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray that you will block every access that the devil is creating to cause dispute in my family. I pray that you will prevent it in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray that you will give us all the spirit to tolerate ourselves. I know that we are different people despite being family, but I pray that you will grant unto us the grace to be able to tolerate one another in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I ask that you will grant us the privilege and grace to forgive ourselves whenever we cross one another in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, by Your mercy, I pray that you will teach us silent when we are angry, you will give us utterance when we are furious.
- Lord God, the scripture says a house divided against itself will not stand. I come against every power of division in our family by the blood of the lamb
- Father Lord, the Bible says how good and pleasant it is for brothers to work in unity. I ask that you will help us to continue working in unity in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, we do not want to fail our purpose as a family, help us to stand and live in love forever in the name of Jesus.
- The blood of the lamb destroys Father Lord, whatever the enemy is planning to use as an instrument to create enmity in our family.
- The scripture says that my children and I are for signs and wonders, I destroy every power that might want to use my children to cause disunity in my family, I destroy such power in the name of Jesus.
- Father, we don’t just want to be united, we also want to be blinded by love so strong, we want to be united in godliness, help us to achieve this in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will mend all broken hearts in my home. I ask that by your mercy, you will heal every emotional injury in my family, I pray that you will restore the first love our hearts in the name of Jesus.
- I come against every spirit of malice, envy, jealousy, and bitterness that may want to dwell in the heart of my family members. I pray that you will destroy it in the name of Jesus.
- I pray that you will grant every lost one in my family the grace to find you, help them rediscover their place in you in the name of Jesus.
- I pray Lord Jesus that you will make our offsprings be a blessing unto others everywhere they find themselves. Help them always to be a good ambassador of the family of Christ in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I pray that you will bless every member of my family with a heart that will continually thirst after you in the name of Jesus.