Today we will be dealing with Prayer for New Month and Independence Day. Today is not like every other day, it is the beginning of a new month and also a day to celebrate the day Nigeria became a free state. There is a whole lot of messages to preach on this day, but the most significant one is freedom and dominance. Freedom is part of the plans of God for every man. God understands the importance of freedom and how it can help a man serve God well. Little wonder God instructed Moses to go to Egypt and instruct Pharaoh to let the people of Isreal go so that they can serve Him well.
God understands that man needs some level of freedom and dominance before a man can serve God well. Also, God understands that it is not possible for the people of Isreal to serve Him well while they are in captivity, that’s why God needed to do something about the children of Isreal. Also, as a nation, it is impossible for us to thrive when we are in captivity. Although, colonization is not entirely captivity, to a reasonable extent the free Will of any colonized nation will be limited until they gain independence. Similarly in our lives, there are some achievements that will not come until we become free from the bondage of sin and slavery.
There are countless people who are praying fervently to God for the fulfillment of His promises. However, the hindrance in their life remains their captivity to sin and iniquity and until they break free, they will only pray nothing will happen. By the mercies of the most high, may God set you free in the name of Jesus. Every power that has held you bound for long, it is time for you to go, I fever by the power in the name of Jesus that such power falls and die right now in the name of Jesus.
Furthermore, the book of Exodus 6:5 it says “And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant” This portion of the scripture explains how remembered his covenant. For years the children of Isreal were in captivity and God left them there. But the day they complained to the great monarch of Isreal, the day they cried to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, that was the day God remembered His covenant and started making actionable moves for their freedom. Today we will also shout to God, today being a day that the country celebrates the day it became free, we will cry to God. It is important for God to remember his covenant concerning our lives. I pray by the mercy of God, every longtime promises, every aged covenant between you and God that has been due for fulfillment, by the reason of this prayer may God remember all of it in the name of Jesus. That answer that you have been expecting for ages, I decree that by the celebration of this day, may God bring them to fulfillment in the name of Jesus.
It is also important that we start the new month with prayer. For every new month, there is a blessing attached to it. The tenth month which is October is very significant. In the tenth month, the water level reduces after God flooded the earth and the mountain tops were seen. Genesis 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen. I decree by the power of the most high, everything problem that has swallowed you up, you are set free in the name of Jesus. There is a blessing attached to this month and God is set to do a new thing in this month, may that good thing never elude you in the name of Jesus.
Lastly, before we go into prayers, our dear nation Nigeria marks 60 years after independence and the progressive is not visible yet. There is a great need for us to pray for our nation today. October 1 is a special date in the history of this country, we must dedicate this day to praying for the country. Remember the scripture instructed that we pray for the good of Jerusalem that those that love it shall prosper. In the same vein, we will be raising an altar of prayer for Nigeria and I believe God will answer our prayers.
Prayer Points For Nigeria
- Lord Jesus, we come before you this day because of our nation Nigeria. For the love that we have for this nation is so great that we can’t turn blind eye to the abnormalities happening in the country. God, Nigeria belongs to you, we pray that you will take over this nation in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, today we pray for peace upon Nigeria, peace on every peace, every local government area, every city, every region in the country, may the peace of God begin to dwell in Nigeria in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, we pray that you will destroy every enemy of this country. Every man and woman whose intent is working against the plans and agenda that you have for Nigeria, we pray that you will destroy them in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, we commit the economy of the country into your able hands. The economy of the country is the bedrock of every nation, father we pray that you wi help us uphold it in the name of Jesus. Every demonic cankerworm that has been eating up, may the fire of the Holy ghost destroy such cankerworm in the name of Jesus.
- Father, we pray that you will give our leaders the right heart to rule this country in the right direction. We pray that you will give them weakness where they are failing, wisdom in strategic points that they need it, Lord, we pray that you will be with them in the name of Jesus and you will help them rule this country in the right way in the name of Jesus.
- The scripture said in the book of Isaiah chapter 60:1 Arise and shine for thy light has come and the glory of God has risen upon you. Wherever the enemy has tied the glory of this country, we decree freedom in the name of Jesus. It has been written, Declare a thing and it shall be established, we decree that Nigeria will rise in the name of Jesus. This nation receives the spiritual wheel of Jehovah to work into glory in the name of Jesus.
Prayer For The New Month
- Father Lord, as this new month signifies freedom for Nigeria, I decree freedom upon my life in the name of Jesus. In every ways that I have been held captive, I decree freedom in the name of Jesus. Christ said, lose him and let him go, I pray that every power that has tied me to a spot, lose me and let me go in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I unlock the blessing of this new month in the name of Jesus. Every blessings that you God has purposed for the month of October, I tap into it in the name of Jesus. I declare that this month will be filled with laughter, it shall be filled with joy, it shall be filled with bountiful blessings.
- I come against every works of the enemy in the new month, I destroy every evil plans concerning my life in the new month, I destroy it by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, every longtime promises that are due for fulfillment, I decree by the power of the most high that they will be fulfilled in this month in the name of Jesus. My glory will shine forth in this new month in the name of Jesus.
- October is the tenth month, and in the tenth month, the flood went down and Noah saw the mountains for the first time in a long time. Every problem that has hidden me from my benefactors, I decree that they are destroyed by fire in the name of Jesus. From today, I shall be obviously visible to my benefactors in the name of Jesus.
Prayer For Nigerians
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will give Nigerians the heart to be more patriotic to this nation. The grace for them to love this country dearly, the grace that will empower them to always sought after the growth and development of this nation grant it to all in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, as we are people of different tribes and religions, I pray that you will create your love in the mind of Nigerians. The grace for us to love ourselves just like Christ loved the church, I pray that you will create this love in our hearts in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, grant all Nigerians the grace to never lose hope in the greatness of this nation, the grace for us to keep hope alive that the dented son will rise again, I pray that you will grant us this hope in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you will teach us the through meaning and essence of freedom so that we will never make moves to return to slavery, teach us how to understand the importance of democracy so that we won’t return to captivity in the name of Jesus.