Today we will be dealing with prayer points for Orphans.
Orphans are those whose parents are dead. The word orphan is mostly used for children/minor. In another view, orphans can also be seen as someone whose parents have permanently abandoned them. About 13.2 per cent of orphans was recorded in 2018. Orphans are commonly found in underdeveloped counties.
Orphans experience similar pains like that of the window and if not more. The pains seem to be unbearable because most of them are minor who see their other friends with their parents. Orphaned children majorly go through psychological and emotional trauma, starting from when their mother/father fell sick to when they finally died.
Emotional trauma is seen in the area of them starting to take up tasks meant for adult, or doing things their parents ought to be doing for them due to their disposed state. Some orphaned children have a record of incidences in their memory that can never be forgotten, especially when the parents died by a ghastly motor accident or by something unexpected. This really leaves a great hole in their heart.
Orphans are charged with the responsibilities of catering for themselves, providing shelter and other basic things of life due to the death of their parents which makes it even more challenging. Majority of them become so wild and untrained because they lacked the proper home training.
Bad traits which ought to be corrected almost immediately now becomes their everyday character, and they see nothing bad in it. This orphanhood period makes some children run into depression as a result of too much thinking. These children knew how things used to be when their parents were alive and seeing the reverse happen is too much a thing to bear. Of course, the quality of their life deteriorated drastically.
Loss of hope, sadness and helplessness are some of what makes the orphans run into depression fast. Since there’s no parent or parent factor to guide them aright and guard their excesses, the teachers in the school are left with extra work to discharge. Teachers should be trained on how to diagnose psychosocial problems and given skills to manage them. Short courses on problem identification and counselling should also be organised for guardians and community development workers.
Orphans should be recognised and taken to the closest motherless babies home/ orphanage home. Orphanage home is a residential institution, or group home, devoted to the care of orphans and other children who were separated from their biological families. Examples of what would cause a child to be placed in orphanages were when the parents were deceased. The biological family was abusive to the child, there was substance abuse or mental illness in the biological home that was detrimental to the child, or the parents had to leave to work elsewhere and were unable or unwilling to take the child.
Asides from institutions or group, every individual should take it upon themselves to care for the needy and fatherless. A good example is Job, see Job 31:16-18 “If I have denied the desires of the poor or let the eyes of the widow grow weary, 17 if I have kept my bread to myself, not sharing it with the fatherless— 18 but from my youth I reared them as a father would, and from my birth, I guided the widow.
From Job’s youthful days, as a father would, he has reared the needy, widow and fatherless. A behaviour everyone of us should emulate.
Prayer points for orphans
- The Scriptures include many verses discussing orphans, as the Lord asks Christians to be kind and generous to the fatherless. We will be praying according to the scriptures (God’s word) for He exalts His words than His name. We are to take these prayers seriously.
- Father Lord, I appreciate you for the gift of life. I thank you for sparing my our lives to see a great day like this one. Lord let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I appreciate you for the great privilege to be expose to something like thing. It is in your Will that we remember the fatherless, and we extend our hands of generosity towards them. I thank you for giving me the grace to come to the understanding of this word, Lord, let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Father to the fatherless, we pray that you continue to take care of the orphan.
- Hosea 14:3 “For in You the fatherless find compassion”. Thank you for compassion is found in you. We appreciate you for the rest assuredness we have in you.
- John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” We pray that you come to the refuge of the orphans.
- As you have said, you will not leave the orphans, let your word come to pass in their lives in Jesus name.
- Psalms 68:5, A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. You are a father to the fatherless, prove yourself in Jesus name.
- Psalms 146:9 ‘The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways’.
Father watch over the orphans in Jesus name.
- Sustain there orphans in your infinite mercy in Jesus name.
- Because I rescued the poor, who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist them in the name of Jesus
- Job 29:12 Let the cry of the orphan reach your throne in Jesus name. The fatherless have nobody to rescue them. Come to their rescue on Lord.
- But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. Psalms 10:14. Father look unto the fatherless and consider their grief in Jesus name
- Help them and fight for them in Jesus name.
- Do to each and every one of us according to your tender mercy.
- Thank you, Lord Jesus for answered prayers, for in Jesus mighty name. Amen.