Today we will be dealing with 5 Psalm verses to pray for your kid at bedtime. We live in a world where corruption is been seen as civilized at the detriment of our the growth of our young ones. Daily, the social media screams out loud the need for parents to take full responsibility for the upbringing of their children and not leave them to the influence of strangers where we begin to pray at a later time because we refuse to do what is expected of us as and when due. See the scriptures below:
Psa. 127:3-4 says, “
Children are precious to God, they are God’s blessings to families. We often hear people pray for newlyweds that may their marriages be blessed with fruits. So when we have been blessed with these fruits, in as much as children are from God, the onus is on the parents to do right by the children by training them in the way they should go.
Proverbs 22:6 says, ‘Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.’
We cannot afford to be nonchalant about the growth and training of our children because if we don’t train them at a very early stage, such children become issues of concern to the parents and they start running from pillar to post when its already late. May it not be late for us in the name of Jesus.
Children who receive trainings from home make it easy for their teachers in school and these ones become useful and productive citizens in the society, so also on the flip side, the ones who have no trainings from home make it difficult for the teachers in school and affect the society negatively. We decide what we want for our children, either they would bring honor to us or otherwise, we need to actively participate in the spiritual upbringing of our children.
It is the one who prioritizes the things of God that can make time for children at bedtime. We should not be too busy going here and there making money to sustain our family that we neglect the spiritual aspect of our children’s lives. So it begins with acknowledging the place of God in our homes, by the things we do, in our speech, is God seen in how we relate to one another, mother to father?
In what we give our ears to, if David isn’t used to listening to ungodly songs from home, it sinks into his consciousness that there is something much more better than what’s outside. So it is a reflection of what is being done in the home that is seen in what occurs at bedtime. In cases where this is otherwise, we can make changes, we can start something, it is never too late.
In this section we would be praying from the book of Psalm for our children at their bedtime.
- Father in the name of Jesus, we thank you for the gift of life that you give to us, we say blessed be thy name in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father in the name of Jesus, we thank you for preserving the life of each memebr of our families, we say, may your name be highly exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Father in the name of Jesus, we thank you for you daily load us with benefits, we are grateful Lord for the daily provisions, for sustainance, for protection, blessed be your name in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, thank for the blessings of children, we thank you for blessing our marriages with beautiful children, your word says children are your heritage, we acknowledge your doings in our homes, be thou exalted in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa 3:5 says, ‘I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.’
- Father in the name of Jesus, my child sleeps well and arises in the morning hale and hearty by your grace in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Following the verse in Psa. 3. Father in the name of Jesus, let your shield of covering be over my daughters and sons tonight in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- In the name of Jesus, I pray that the enemies shall not smite my fruits tonight and beyond, the plans of the enemy over my sons and daughters will fail in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 4:8 says, ‘I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord, only makes me dwell in safety’.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I commit my children into your hands, as they lay in bed tonight, they lay in safety by your power in the name of Jesus, you are our Rock, Help and Fortress, keep them safe by your mighty hand in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 42:8 says, ‘Yet the Lord will command his loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me and my prayer unto the God of my life’.
- Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray that your hand shall be upon my children both in the day as they go about their activities and in the noontime as they lay their head to sleep in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 91:11 says ‘For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.’ Father in the name of Jesus, I ask that your angels shall keep watch over my children, the angels of God will keep them in all their ways, as they lay their head to sleep in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I ask that every night my children lay down to sleep, the angels of God are released to keep a guard roundabout them in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Psa. 121:7 says, ‘The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.’
- Father in the name of Jesus Christ, my children is preserved in your care when they sleep at night and in the day in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, you are the keeper of Israel who neither sleeps nor slumbers, I pray that your mighty hand will keep my children from harm, you will keep them in your care, they will dwell in safety by you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I pray that you protect my children from the eyes of the evil one, you will protect them from the arrows that fly by day and night in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I thank you for you always hear us, blessed be your name in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.