Today we will be dealing with prayer points against suicidal attempt. Suicidal rate in Nigeria is becoming alarming especially among youths. The people who are supposed to take the mantle of leadership tommorow are being cut short by the dangling cord of suicide. We have heard cases of suicide from almost all states of the federation and it is fast becoming worrisome.
How that the young men and women who have not attained their full potentials are being destroyed by suicide. There is a demon that is attached to suicide that makes it highly prevalent in our society today. We owe ourselves a duty of care as individuals, as church and as a nation. Before we delve into prayer points against suicidal attempt, let’s quickly highlight some of the causes of suicide.
Causes of Suicide
Depression is regarded as the biggest cause of suicide. It is a wrong psychological state that affects the mind and brain simultaneously. When depression creep into the life of an individual, it shut down every reasonable sense of reasoning and it causes them to isolate themselves from the outside world where they could get help.
The devil understands that there is power in the counsel and gathering of the brethren that is why he will do everything to ensure that a depressed person isolate himself/herself from the outside world.
Shame and Reproach
Another reason why the thought of suicide cross the mind of people is because of shame and reproach. Such is the case of Judas Iscariot. He was consumed with shame and reproach and he could not find his way back to Christ. The only thing that he thought could save him from the shame was death and then he went ahead and took his own life.
When the life of a man is consumed with shame and reproach, it can lead to suicide attempt. Shame can lead a man into depression which could later result to suicide if care is not taken.
Even after Christ had foretold that one of His disciples will reveal him to the assailants, Judas Iscariot still could not repent because of his love for money. After Jesus was taken, Judas Iscariot was consumed by guilt of what he has done. He couldn’t help it but to commit suicide.
Similarly, in our lives, there are times that we are consumed by the feeling of guilt. The devil always bring this to our remembrance like we can never be forgiven. The devil let us see the velocity of our sin and make it look like God has forsaken us. When this happen, it could lead to suicide attempt.
How To Overcome The Thought of Suicide
Ask God For Help
When life challenges come with full rage at you, it is not enough to sit back and mourn, it is the perfect time to ask God for help. Apostle Peter was filled with guilt and shame after he denied Jesus thrice before the cork crawls. He wept bitterly. However, he was also sensible enough to ask God for help.
We don’t need to mourn over our loss, we should learn to ask God for help when life becomes tough.
See A Counselor
Yes it is good to pray, it also good to see professionals whose sole business are to help people see reason to live. The counselor could be your pastor, spiritual leader or anyone. When you meet with a counselor they will counsel you in a way that will help you see reasons to keep living.
While you pray for the help of God, see a counselor as well. The help from God might come through a session with a counselor.
- Lord Jesus, I thank you for the grace that you showed to me to see a new day, let your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I come against every demon or spirit that is forcing me to take my own life, I cancel every thought of suicide in my mind in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray that by your power, you will help me overcome every life-threatening challenges that may cause me to think of committing suicide in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, by the reason of your blood, death and ressurection, I pray that you will cancel my pain and reproach. I ask that by your mercy you will grant me the grace to look beyond my scars, I pray for the grace to be strong even in the face of trouble and tribulations in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that by your mercy, you will grant me the grace to trust you even in difficult situations. The grace for my faith never to weaver. The grace that will energise and keep my faith alive, I ask that by your mercy you will release it upon me in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I come against every form of depression in my mind. I take away every sadness, every pain and reproach is taken away from my life in the name of Jesus. Lord instead of depression, I claim abundant joy in the name of Jesus. Instead of pain and reproach I claim elevation in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, in every way the devil wants to destroy me with the feeling of guilt I cancel it in the name of Jesus. Lord, grant me the grace to always bask in the euphoria of your love and kindness over my life in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I rebuke every spirit of failure in my life. The scripture says as He is so are we. Christ has never failed, I rebuke every spirit of failure in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, every form of sickness that defies every form of medical attention, I decree healing upon you in the name of Jesus. Every sickness that is making lose interest in life, every pain that is making see no reason to live further, I rebuke you today in the name of Jesus.