Today we will be dealing with of prayer points for corps members serving the country. Every year, no fewer than one hundred and thirty thousand youth fresh graduates are posted to various states in Nigeria for the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) program. Most of these corps members are oblivious of the place they are posted to. The primary objective of the NYSC program is to integrate different parts in Nigeria to foster National Unity.
However, not all the corps member posted various states return home in peace. We have heard cases of accident on the road, there are several cases of corps member being killed in the place of their primary assignment, so many things happen to corps members. This explains why it is important to pray fervently for all the corps members serving the country. They are a symbol of national unity in the country. A threat on their life is a threat on the national peace of the country. We are to pray for them. A prayer for the corps member is a prayer for Nigeria. The scripture admonish that we pray for the peace of Jerusalem that those who love it shall prosper. Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.
We will pray for their protection. They are an agent of social change in the country. They are an ambassador of peace and unity. Despite the gory occurrences happening in the country, these young men and women still obeyed the clarion call to serve the country even in a strange land. If your child is currently on the mandatory one year service, you should pray this prayer fervently. I ask that the mercy of God be upon all serving youth corps members in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, we come before you today because of the young men and women who are currently on the one-year NYSC mandatory program serving the country. We pray that even as they are being posted to a state from theirs that your presence will go with them. As they will be journeying within the state where they have been posted to, I pray that you protection will upon them in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, we pray that you power will be with them against every territorial power that dominate the land upon which they have been posted. We ask that by your mercy, they shall not be overpowered by the demonic princes that governs the area where they are posted to, we pray that you will put your mark upon them in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray by your power that you will be their Alpha and Omega throughout their service year. Lord, we commit everything that they will be doing, let it be in alignment to your will and purpose for their lives in the name of Jesus. As they have left home in peace, grant them the grace to return home in peace.
- Lord, we come against any form of untimely death over their lives. The scripture have said that you shall bless them with long life and peace of mind. We pray that death shall not have power over them in the name of Jesus. As they left their homes in peace, we pray that you will keep them alive that they may return home in peace in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, we come against every form of strange woman for the men among them. Every strange women that the enemy has stationed to come into their lives to ruin it, we pray that you will cause a separation between them in the name of Jesus. Just as you caused a seperation between Abraham and Lot just so Abraham could fulfill destine, we pray that you cause a divine seperation between them and every strange women in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, we come against every strange men for the ladies. Every plan of the enemy to send strange men into the lives of the ladies to scatter their mission in life, we decree that such men will not locate them in the name of Jesus. We pray that you will create confusion between them and those men in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, just as they have gone to strange land to serve the nation, we pray that you will grant them the grace to remain with you to the end. We pray that you will grant them the grace to be faithful to you till the very end. We pray that you will help them to keep their fire burning until the very end in the in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, the grace for the fire on their altar to keep burning, we ask that you grant them such grace in the name of Jesus. The scripture says the glory of the youths are in their Strength. We pray that the grace for them to use their strength for you even in strange land, we ask that you grant them such grace in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, even in a strange land grant them the grace to win souls for you. Grant them the grace to keep Burning for you and covering more grounds for you in the name of Jesus. Lord, we come against every vices of the enemy to make them fall or fail purpose, let such plans or agenda be broken in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord when they are done with their program and they are set to return home, we pray that you will grant each one of them a safe trip back to their respective destinations in the name of Jesus. Lord, we ask that you will go before them and level up exalted places, we ask that you will cut through the doors of iron and break the door or bronze, their journey back home is covered with the blood of Jesus. We come against any form of accident on the way in the name of Jesus.