Today we will be dealing with prayer points against marriage unrest. Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a man shall Leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” Forever is too long to spend in a toxic relationship with the wrong person. Nothing kills a man or woman faster than having a toxic marriage. It can ruin the promising visions of both parties. God’s original plan is for man and woman to live happily after marriage. That’s why God gave the principle of marriage.
When there is unrest in a marriage, it counters the initial plan of marriage as established by God. Marriage is for communion, koinonia with one another; it is of love and agreement. However, when the enemy finds his way into the marriage, he can create enmity between the man and the woman, such that they are happy this minute and the next minute they are biting each other’s tongue.
One of the reasons the enemy often attacks marriages is because he wants to destroy the unity between the two-person involved. The scripture says in Ecclesiastes 4:12: “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. When there is unity between husband and wife when they pray, heaven listens. When they speak, it comes to pass because of the love and unity between them. However, when the enemy enters, he destroys the unity and love that exist between the two.
Consequently, when the enemy succeeds in doing destroying the love and unity, the two persons involve in marriage will begin to live their lives like cat and rat. At this moment, the marriage is on the verge of destruction. This article will focus on peace. God doesn’t dwell in a place where there is no peace. If God is to dwell in a place, the peace of such an environment must not be threatened. This assertion emphasizes that when there is unrest in marriage, the spirit of God goes farther away from that home. And you know what happens when god is nowhere near us? the enemy strike at the given a chance.
How To Avert Unrest In Marriage
Marry a Godly Partner
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
The first step you must take to avoid unrest in marriage is to settle with a Godly partner. Ensure that the person you settle with knows God and doesn’t only know Him but fear Him. The scripture says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Settling with a Godly partner can not be overemphasized. It saves you whole lots of stress. A Godly partner identifies the voice and signs of God, and they are not ignorant of the devil’s devices. They obey and love God to the end, and this helps a lot in marriages.
Learn To Love and Forgive
Matthew 22:36-40 Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
Of the greatest commandment, Jesus stated that love is the greatest. Christ understands that when there is love, there is unity. Where there is unity, the enemy will not be able to have a place there. T avoid unrest in marriage, learn to love and forgive your partner wholeheartedly.
When they wrong you, let them know, chastise them with love and forgive them.
Ask God For Help
John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
When you feel things are not going well with your union, do not keep quiet about it. Ask God for help. The scripture says, whatever you ask in my name, I will do that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Ask for help, invite the presence of God into the marriage. Ask God to take away the bitterness in the heart of you and your partner. God is faithful to help you.
- Father Lord, I thank you for your grace over this home, over this marriage. I thank you because you have not let the enemy wreck this marriage; may your name be highly exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray for your everlasting peace to come and reign in this marriage. Every form of violence, every form of bitterness, is taken away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I pray that you teach us to love ourselves just like you loved the church. I pray that you will guide our hearts with the light of your words in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray that your power will restore unity into our midst. I pray that your mercy restores the broken love in this marriage in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, we pray as one family. We decree that your power will send the devil out of this union in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, where ever the devil is lurking around in this marriage to destroy it, I pray that the fire of the holy ghost will chase it out in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, every unwanted visitor in this marriage, every stranger in this union causing havoc, I pray that the fire of the holy ghost will burn them to ashes in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, the scripture peace and be still. I speak the peace of God Almighty into this union in the name of Jesus. Every form of restlessness or tension caused by the enemy is taken away in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that you will teach us how to stop the enemy of peace from having a place in our marriage. I lock the door of this marriage against the enemy of peace in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that your power will heal every broken heart. Every heart that is hurt is healed in the name of Jesus. I pray that you will grant us the strength to keep going, grant us the spirit to discern the enemy’s antics in the name of Jesus.