Today we will be dealing with how to pray Psalm 23 for courage and when you are afraid. The book of Psalm is one of the most famous parts in the scripture. It houses diverse spiritually amplified words of praise and worship to God. Besides that, it has unreserved chapters that can be used for prayers. One of such chapters is Psalm 23.
This book of Psalm is not strange to many believers. However, only a few believers know the efficacy of this scripture and how to use it. One thing about the word of God is that it carries power and authority. This authority equips us with the courage to face any fear.
How To Pray Psalm 23 For Courage When You Are Afraid
It is hard to teach how to pray Psalm 23 without analysing the scripture first.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Jesus is our shepherd. This means we can not lack any good thing because the scripture says, And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. All our needs shall be supplied through Christ Jesus.
Are you afraid because you are in great debt? God can supply the resources that will take you out of debt. Are you in great sickness, and it seems you can’t be healed? There is a healing balm in Gilead, and God is able to bring it to you.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Lieing down in the green pasture means comfort and peace. The still water is a place of great tranquillity. If you are troubled or in pain, the Lord shall grant you comfort and bring peace to your mind. It is a promise of God. And God never goes back on His words.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
The steadfast love of God doesn’t end. His mercies never come to an end. The Lord has promised to restore your soul and lead you in the path of righteousness for his name’s sake. He is a saviour and the merciful one, and he will restore to you the lost glory.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Now, this is the part that you need for courage. When reciting this part, ensure you personalise it. Be intentional about it. Proclaim it. The Lord is your shepherd, and nothing under the watch of God can be defeated.
Although you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear no evil because God is with you. When the Lord is with you, no harm can come your way. The rod of the Lord, which is the spirit of the living God, shall comfort you.
Meanwhile, you should know that this particular verse might not work for you unless you know and have faith in the God that you serve. The book of Daniel says Those that know their God shall be strong, and they shall do great exploit. When you know your God, you can’t experience weakness.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
This is the promise of an overflow of blessing and favour. Right in front of that enemy tormenting your life, the Lord shall prepare a table. Your head shall be anointed with oil, and your cup shall experience an overflow of blessings and breakthroughs.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
This is another proclamation. Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow you. Surely here means it is certain. You will dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of your life.
- Father Lord, I thank you for the grace to be alive even though I’m going through the storms of life. I thank you for your protection over my life; may your name be exalted in the name of Jesus.
- Father, it has been written, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because you are with me. Father, I pray that your presence will always be with me in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that everywhere on this planet surface that I will step my foot, your power and presence will go with me in the name of Jesus.
- For it has been written, your rod and Your staff comfort me. Father Lord, I pray that as I walk through the storm of life, I pray that the holy spirit shall comfort me. I pray that the holy spirit shall be guided in the name of Jesus.
- Father, my soul is troubled; my heart is pained. I pray that you shall take to the still water. I pray for the peace of mind, Lord release it unto me in the name of Jesus Christ. The scripture says, my peace have I given unto you, not like the world gave you. I decree that your peace shall fill my hearts in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, the scripture says those that know their God shall be strong, and they shall do great exploits. Lord, I pray for strength because I know you. I come against every power of weakness in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, for it has been written, we have not been given the spirit of fear but of Sonship to cry Ahba father. I will not be afraid in the name of Jesus. Lord, the courage that I need to overcome the trouble of my life, I pray that you give it to me in the name of Jesus.
- Father, every enemy that has vowed that I will not prosper, I pray that you prepare a table before me in their presence. Father, disgrace them with my success in the name of Jesus.