Today we will be dealing with prayer points to overcome a panic attack. This type of attack is caused by fear and anxiety. A panic attack can happen all of a sudden even when you least expected it. And the funny thing is that anyone can have this attack, even a Christian. There are so many Christians going through this phase of life. I have been in it, I know what it feels like to have your heart racing fast uncontrollably, you are covered in a cold sweat and finding it difficult to breathe. These are the symptoms of a panic attack.
Sometimes, the enemy capitalizes on our fear to inflict us with this terrible attack. Once your fear grows to a certain extent it leads to a panic attack and the attack can come any time and anyhow. You might be deep asleep when the attack would come and you can be conscious and still unable to control the attack. If you have ever experienced something like this, you will understand that it is very terrible. There is no straight medical treatment for a panic attack. You will only be advised to stop thinking and learn how to control your anxiety. And these are the things that the holy spirit can help you control, provided you allow Him.
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” You shall receive power when the holy spirit has come upon you. We need the power of the Holy Spirit to conquer panic attacks. I remember when I was confronted with this attack. I would stay up at night due to the attack, my heart will race faster than normal, my chest becomes so tight that I can hardly breathe well as I’m covered in a cold sweat. All these happened because I could not control my fear. I get scared every day and if you ask me what was making me scared, I would not be able to answer. I discovered that it is the work of the enemy to take away my sanity. Then one day, I prayed to God. I told God to help me, I asked for the grace to overcome my fear, the fear of the unknown that has continued to torment me. And the more I say that prayer, the stronger I became.
One day I notice that my heart no longer palpitate the way it used to. I have gained control over my fear and anxiety. Since that day, I never had a panic attack again. The God that helped me conquer that evil attack is still on the throne and He would help you too. I decree by the authority of heaven, every fear in your mind that is causing the panic attack, I decree that they are resolved right now in the name of Jesus Christ. Every anxiety, every curiosity causing fear in your heart, I decree that they are settled in the name of Jesus Christ.
If you are going through this challenge, I admonish you to pray with us. God is ready to free you from that evil attack. He will give you the strength and power that you need to outgrow your fear and anxiety. Use the following prayer points to overcome a panic attack.
- Lord, I thank you for another beautiful day. I thank you for your grace. I thank you for your mercy. I thank you for your provision. I magnify you for your protection over my life and family, may your name be highly exalted in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, the scripture said “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.” Father, I come before today, I pray that you deliver me from all my fears. I ask that by your mercy, I shall not be put to shame in the name of Jesus Christ.
- For it has been written, by his stripe we are healed. I decree in the name of Jesus Christ, every form of heart palpitation is healed right now in the name of Jesus Christ. Every form of irregular heart rhythm is healed this moment in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I decree, everything that is causing fear and panic in my heart, every problem that is causing anxiety, I decree that they are resolved this moment in the name of Jesus Christ. I ask by the mercy of the Lord, a panic attack is destroyed in my life today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I pray for the grace to outgrow my fears and worries in the name of Jesus Christ. For it has been written, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Lord, I pray for the presence of the comforter in my life. I pray that the power of the holy ghost shall comfort me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- The scripture says “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” I will not be afraid in the name of Jesus Christ. I decree that my fear is taken away in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” Lord, I pray for your peace. The scripture said not as the world gives. I pray for divine peace in my heart, Lord release it unto me in the name of Jesus Christ. I decree that my heart shall not be troubled and I shall not be afraid in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I rebuke every root of a panic attack in my life today. I curse the tree of a panic attack, I decree that such tree should dry today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, every demon inflicting my life with panic attacks, I decree that the rod of God will hot such demons in the name of Jesus Christ. From today, I’m free from every form of a panic attack in the name of Jesus Christ. From today, my health is restored, my sanity is restored in the name of Jesus Christ.