Have you ever been discouraged from pursuing your dreams, and in the end, you wished you had not listened to others’ opinions? There are so many people who have missed their breakthrough simply; they were discouraged. Today we will be engaging ourselves in prayer points against discouragement. At every point in time will our actions and plans be heavily criticized by other people we consider to be authority. Criticism, in most cases, has discouraged many people from pursuing their dreams and aspirations, and in the end, they wished they had not listened to what people said.
If only David had let the criticisms of his brothers and King Saul to stop him from confronting Goliath, there is a probability that he would not have gotten to the palace. David challenging Goliath to a fight defies all common sense theory of man. That was why his decision to fight against Goliath was heavily criticized by so many people, including his brothers and the King. But David never felt discouraged; he knew what he carried, he knew whose battle it was, he knew that he (David) was just a physical representation of the real challenger, which was God Almighty. So, he was not moved by naysayers, he still went ahead to fight Goliath, and the rest of that story is familiar history.
In our lives, too, we need to overcome criticism of people. But that can only come when we know the force that is driving us. There are times in our life that we will be faced with so many discouragements that will push us to think about quitting that dream and aspirations. Sometimes our discouragement could be constant failure. When we fail repeatedly, we might begin to think that may be what we are doing was not meant for us. But when a man understands the person leading him, he would not be shaken when discouragement comes. Apostle Peter loses his focus on Christ, and he began to sink. The moment we lose our gaze on God, discouragement will start to have the best of us, and it won’t be long before we quit. God wants us to forge ahead; he wants us to keep pressing on the mark; he doesn’t want us to give up to failure because he is about to perform his wonders. I decree by the authority of heaven that discouragement will not overcome you from succeeding in the name of Jesus.
The scripture says in the book of Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. The scripture said God wouldn’t suffer the righteous to be moved, that means he would not let challenges stop you from succeeding; he won’t let evil temptations discourage you from moving forward. I announce to you today that God heals the brokenhearted, and he binds up their wound. God will heal you today. Every form of discouragement is taken away from you in the name of Jesus. As you begin to study this prayer guide, may God remove every discouragement in your way in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I come against every form of discouragement in the name of Jesus. I pray for the spirit of courage to go on and do that which the spirit of God is leading me to do in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I refuse to fall to the discouragement of failure. I pray for the spirit of perseverance and long-suffering, the grace to never give up come what may. I pray that you grant me that grace in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, every form of failure in my way that the enemy has staged to discourage me, I pray that you will take it away in the name of Jesus. I destroy every yoke of failure in my way by the fire of the Holy Ghost. I break down every stronghold of impossibility in my way. I pray that the fire of God Almighty go before me and destroy all stronghold in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, send your angel of death to every man and woman that the enemy wants to use to deceive me into giving up on my dreams; I pray that the angel of death strike them dead in the name of Jesus. I come against every evil tongue, deceiving me to give up in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, from now, I want you to lead me. I pray that your voice will penetrate into my life, I pray that I will hear from you from time to time, I pray that you will guide and teach me on things to do in the name of Jesus. Grant me the courage not to get moved by what people say; grant me the grace to listen to your voice alone in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I don’t want to listen to any other person except you; I give my life freely to your spirit today. I ask that you will take the ship of my life today in the name of Jesus. I pray that you will become the sailor of my life; I want to listen to you alone. Help me, Lord, to be deaf to whatever thing other people are telling me. For the scripture says those who are led by the spirit of God are called the sons of God. I want to be led by your spirit. I don’t want to be led by my human knowledge; I decrease myself for you to increase in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, just like David was courageous, just like he knew the battle belongs to the Lord, grant me the courage to always see you even in the face of trouble. Grant me the grace to know that you are the mighty man in battle, give the insight and understanding that you are God of all possibilities, take away every form of hindrance, distraction, or discouragement in the name of Jesus.