Today we will be dealing with prayer for spouse success. For emphasis, we will define two key words from the topic before us. ‘Spouse’ and ‘Success’.
A spouse is who a person is married to/their partner in marriage .A spouse who’s a man is often called a husband, while a spouse who’s a woman is often called a wife. The word partner is a gender-neutral way to refer to one’s spouse.
People most commonly use the word ‘spouse’ when talking about or introducing their partner as opposed to using the word husband/wife. The word spouse is more commonly used in formal or official contexts, such as on forms that require family relations to be specified.
Success is the state or condition of meeting a defined range of expectations. It may be viewed as the opposite of failure . Success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, the good outcome of an undertaking.
Merging the two definitions together, spouse success means seeing your wife/husband at the peak of their aim or purpose. Seeing your partner at the peak of their expectations.
Spouse success is what an individual will like to see their partner acquire. Although not many can go through the sacrifices of it. Your spouse success equals your own success because you are no longer two but one flesh (Mat 19:6).
How to help your spouse attain success
Spouse success is not just achieved in a day as Rome wasn’t built in a day, it involves every day work, dillegence, time and sacrifice.
The following are practical steps to helping your spouse achieve success
Write down your vision
The Lord answered me: “Write down the vision; write it ·clearly [plainly] on clay tablets so whoever reads it can run to tell others. Habakkuk 2:2
Vision is the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom. Writing out your spouse’s vision is one of the major steps to helping them achieve success.
By writing it out there will be a template of what to work with. Just imagining things in your head can fade off as times goes on, but writing the vision out can stay permanently. Cultivate the habit of writing and help your spouse cultivate it too.
Procrastination is the act of delaying or postponing a task or set of tasks. Simply put, procrastination is the force that prevents you from following through on what you set out to do.
Procrastination is what we have once faced during our life time or are still facing. Procrastination is a stealer of time and dream., it deprives you of what you have to do now.
Time and tide waits for no man. Help your spouse overcome procrastination by helping them do what can be done immediately.
This means steadfast adherence to the same principles. Constituency is way to overcome procrastination. Constitency means doing the same thing over and over again. One advantage of constitency is that the body system gets adapted to that particular style or manner of what you are doing. When you are constitent in doing something, you are indirectly overcoming procrastination by making your system trained to do that very thing.
One shall chase a thousand, two will chase ten thousands Deut 32:30. It may be difficult to achieve constitency alone, but together you can achieve it,when one is there to remind the other.
Reading books, novels and journals that talks about success and how one can achieve success goes a long way. Reading the bible which is also one of the greatest books will help you achieve success.
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shall mediate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written, for then you will make your way prosperous and you will have good success. Joshua 1:8
Reading the bible records will make you have success and not only success, ‘good success’s. You and your partner should cultivate the habit of reading.
According to our popular Christian song that says ‘prayer is the key, prayer is the key, prayer is the master key, Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer, prayer is the master key’
The bible advises us to pray without ceasing in 1Thessalonians 5:16. Without God nothing can be done, so the need to always involve God always in everything we do. Men ought to pray and not to faint Luke 18:1. Cultivate the habit of reading.
Prayer points for your spouse success
Prayer from husband to wife
- Lord I bless your name for giving me a wonderful wife be thou exaulted in Jesus name.
- He who finds a wife as found a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Prov 18:22
- Father, I appreciate you for I have found a good thing.
- Thank you for the favour I have received in form of a wife.
- Lord, help her to achieve success in all she does.
- Give her insights to successful things she can do.
- Bless her and the works of her hands in Jesus name.
- Help her to overcome procrastination in Jesus name.
- I decree success in all ramifications for her in Jesus name.
- I declare opened heavens for her in Jesus name.
- Thank you Jesus for answered prayers upon my wife.
- In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Prayer points wife to husband
- Lord, I bless you for my husband.
- For the husband is the head of a wife as Christ is the head of the church. Ephesians 5:23
- Thank you for making him a head over me, a very good head.
- Father I pray for my husband, as he is head, he will never become the tail.
- Help him to reach the peak of his goals and vision.
- Help him to attain success in all ramification of his life.
- You never failed Lord Jesus, he will never fail too.
- Open doors of success into him in Jesus name.
- Help him to overcome procrastination in Jesus name.
- It is well with him in Jesus name
- Thank you Jesus for answered prayer, halleluyah to your holy name.
- In Jesus name I pray. Amen.